Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some updated news on the January wave of sets.  Unfortunately, it sounds like rehash city for the 24.99 sets, which i'm guessing all of these will be.  They'll more than likely come in a similar box size that obi's interceptor, carbonate freezing chamber, escape pod and both attack sets came in earlier this year.

Other than Duel of the Fates, the other sets are more than likely just rehashed or minor updates.  The Death Star isn't the only set that is getting rehashed with minor changes.  Seems like a majority of sets coming out anymore will be like that.  Just buy the set, just to get one new minifigure.  BLAH!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_2017_Rumours_170567.asp

Duel of the Fates ($25/€35)
- Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
- location about same size and style like this year's Carbon Freezing Chamber, but main colors are black, blue and grey
- it shall symbolise the room where they fight and Qui-Gon dies

Desert Skiff
- Han, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Skiff Guard
- only new minifig might be the skiff guard
- boring since with minor changes it's exactly the last version

Landspeeder
- Obi-Wan, Luke, 3PO, Tusken Raider
- which is really a shame is that there's NO BANTHA INCLUDED!!!

75170 The Phantom
- Chopper, Kanan, Thrawn
- based on Rebels
reference

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter ($25/€35)
- Yoda, R2-D2
- based on Rebels
reference

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The Tusken wasn't in the last Landspeeder.

81gMEH6v7AL._SL1500_.jpg

My guess is the set will look like this, but instead be the Cantina version of the landspeeder but with minor (and I mean very minor updates).  A cheese slope was definitely needed in the last version for a control panel piece!  Sounds like instead of the stormtrooper, now we get a tusken raider, like was in the t-16. I bet luke, c3po, and obi are either the versions from the new death star, or close to what we saw in the Cantina. 

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Desert Skiff
- Han, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Skiff Guard
- only new minifig might be the skiff guard

75170 The Phantom
- Chopper, Kanan, Thrawn
- based on Rebels
reference

Don't forget the new Han hair will probably be in that Desert Skiff set.

I'm all over the Phantom.  Probably not a remake.  The Phantom is all-new at the end of Season 2 of Rebels.  And there's Kanan's injuries.  And Thrawn.  Yes, Thrawn!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Don't forget the new Han hair will probably be in that Desert Skiff set.

I'm all over the Phantom.  Probably not a remake.  The Phantom is all-new at the end of Season 2 of Rebels.  And there's Kanan's injuries.  And Thrawn.  Yes, Thrawn!

I tend to not collect the rebels or clone wars sets.  I stick to mostly collecting the movie sets, so this just continues my frustration, as there's nothing overly new and exciting to look forward towards.  Except for the Rogue One wave, this past year was kind a weak, and the upcoming January's wave is kind of weak too.  I'll have to reserve full judgement until the 3 rogue one sets, and the set with Lando in it comes to light, but overall these are all disappointing to me.  I was at least expecting a bantha in the upcoming landspeeder, and they even cheaped out on that.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Duel of the Fates ($25/€35)
- Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
- location about same size and style like this year's Carbon Freezing Chamber, but main colors are black, blue and grey
- it shall symbolise the room where they fight and Qui-Gon dies

I was hoping for a larger set that would include the hallway leading up to the room. Maybe its just me but these cheap sets always seem like a let down.

1 hour ago, biking_tiger said:

Clone Wars, not Rebels. And Yoda is so cute in that little fighter... 

Want his starship without a doubt, my kids will.

Just now, GiliusThunderhead said:

Well if they are mostly rehashing stuff I hope its because they're putting all the design resources into something special in the UCS range :)

Based on 75159 ... I doubt it!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheBrick said:

I was hoping for a larger set that would include the hallway leading up to the room. Maybe its just me but these cheap sets always seem like a let down.

You're probably not the target audience for these cheap sets. Not everyone has the ability or the desire to spend $70+ on a LEGO set. The $25 sets, are good for kids or presents, and offer a little something more substantial than the battle packs, so I don't mind them as much.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

If "Duel of the Fates" is done well, it will be the winner from this release. I loved the lightsaber scene in Ep 1 when darth maul killed qui-gon jinn, Liam neeson was a great actor and was sad to see him die as he was one of the positives from ep 1

And then they nixed Maul out of the movie two minutes later.  Should have kept him in the prequels until at least Ep2! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadfraggle said:

You're probably not the target audience for these cheap sets. Not everyone has the ability or the desire to spend $70+ on a LEGO set. The $25 sets, are good for kids or presents, and offer a little something more substantial than the battle packs, so I don't mind them as much.

That's true.. .and the minifigures are another driving force on these little sets.  But, now they are getting to the point where they are just rehashing old designs, and just tossing in a new minifigure....   It was one thing when the original Jabba's Palace was exceeded by the Jabba's Palace in 2013, as that one was a major upgrade.  Or look at the differences between the two sandcrawlers, or even the differences in all the x-wings over the years.  But, today, they aren't even trying to upgrade or do anything new.  They are basically putting all their R&D in a few small pieces, a minor update of the vehicle, and new box art.  That's it.  It's not like how it was a few years ago when a lot of their stuff was new designs.  Today it seems, they just have some marketing chick run down stairs, look at a bunch of finished sets from the past couple of years, and she then grabs the landspeeder from the cantina, goes down to the Death Star and grabs the new mini's of Obi, Luke and C3PO.. then runs and grabs the tusken raider from 2015, tosses them all in a box and calls it a new set.   Kind of like how she also chose the death star set.

The innovation, and interesting build techniques are just being diminished ever since Disney took over this theme.  I smell the rat.  Granted, I will give them some kudos on the Rogue One set designs, because at least there was something interesting there.  I also felt the Freemaker Adventures set with Dengar had an interesting ship design, but overall....8 out of 10 sets from the past year and a half were mostly rehashes.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

That is true though to be honest I mostly like to gawk at larger sets and use their designs to build my own. As a college student I don't earn enough money to be buying $70 sets lol.

3 hours ago, TheBrick said:

That is true though to be honest I mostly like to gawk at larger sets and use their designs to build my own. As a college student I don't earn enough money to be buying $70 sets lol.

That's why college is so important. Get yourself into a good career field and you can stop gawking and start buying those larger sets.

• Like 1