Modular Rumor - Hospital - 2017 Release

dcdfan

On 7/26/2016 at 5:31 PM, Zelgazra said:

I'd agree with that perspective, but on the other hand... if they "go big or go home" with the next modular, wouldn't they be setting a new precedent for people's expectations? If the one following it was average sized again, wouldn't that be a big let down? Perhaps a bigger let down than the next one being another average size modular?

I'd be happy with a higher parts count, but increase the small parts and give us full interior detailing. I've done a couple MOCs recently with this approach. Parts come out to around 3k on average, but no heavier than an average modular. People love the micro builds.... pack more of that in and I think people would be satisfied even if the finished build isn't Town Hall size.  

I think fans would make an one time exception for a over-sized Modular hospital.  A small doctor's clinic could have too many negative connotations associated with it IMO.

In an effort to ensure this doesn't spiral into another topic that has zero to do with the rumor of a Lego Modular Hospital, I have taken the liberty of hiding a few posts. Nothing personal gents, but this is how these things get started.

If you have a problem with it, please refer to my new avatar picture. ;)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

In an effort to ensure this doesn't spiral into another topic that has zero to do with the rumor of a Lego Modular Hospital, I have taken the liberty of hiding a few posts. Nothing personal gents, but this is how these things get started.

If you have a problem with it, please refer to my new avatar picture. ;)

What u talkin about? Cat looks like he's life of a party :) 

• Like 3

I recently noticed that the "hospital theme" is very popular among AFOLs so this one should do great. I was able to find some 4431 ambulances while on vacation and sold them for double what I paid. All medical related minifigures do great as well (nurse, surgeon, ...). 

I do wonder what style they are going to use. They can't make it look to modern or it will look out of place next to the other modulars.

I'm also wondering if they will do other public buildings after this. Library, museum, police HQ and a school would be really nice.

6 hours ago, dcdfan said:

I'm guessing there's a helipad so, yeah.

I would like to see some helicopter more than ambulance, but isnt Modular street except some overlooked details like computer in town hall set in early 20.century?They doesnt even know what helicopter is in that period of time.

Yes great for playability not so for "historic" pattern.

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, Ondra said:

I would like to see some helicopter more than ambulance, but isnt Modular street except some overlooked details like computer in town hall set in early 20.century?They doesnt even know what helicopter is in that period of time.

Yes great for playability not so for "historic" pattern.

I'm just hoping it has the machine that goes ping...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/09/2016 at 10:26 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

I'm hoping it's based on an NHS hospital. 

Doctors outside with placards on strike, zombie nurses dead on their feet and 25 minifigures in the reception of the a&e department waiting to be seen.:lol:

Don't forget the dead patients and beds in the corridor.

Edited by Will 4