LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pleasantly surprised with the selection.

If I had guessed, ET would've been on my list of most likely's. Gizmo Was a bit of a surprise. But makes sense. Mr T: surprised. Sloth: sucker punched. Who would've guessed him?

So it makes me wonder, who's next? Or rather, at this rate, who's left?

I'd like to see Mad Max, and If they can pull off an authentic looking Sloth, a Team pack with Master Blaster.

How about the little Asian kid with all the gadgets from the Goonies? Or Short Round with Indy.

Robocop and the drug addicted mech from the Original? Terminator?

They have to do a Spock, or a cpt Picard.

If they're going to have sonic, then I'd like to see Mario & Luigi, Toad & Princess. Metroid or even better, Link.

That would be an interesting team pack, Link from Zelda 1 and 2. An original minifig and a doll. Can i get an LOL?

From the official press release we should also see Sonic, Knight Rider, and Beetlejuice, man I hope they get Michael Keaton to voice him.

Additional expansion packs based on other highly anticipated films Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The LEGO® Batman Movie and wildly popular properties The Goonies, Sonic The Hedgehog, Teen Titans Go!, LEGO® City Undercover, Knight Rider, The Powerpuff Girls, Gremlins, Beetlejuice and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

Also from the press release, no new starter pack required.  That's good news, I was afraid you'd have to buy one of their new story packs.  The Fantastic Beasts story pack, may be a better option for those down on the new Ghostbusters pack.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, donbee said:

So it makes me wonder, who's next?

Most obvious (to me): Indiana Jones

Rather unlikely: Aliens

Would not be surprised: Karate Kid

Another obvious one: MacGuyver

How about: Airwolf or V ?

ETA: If nothing else, I would love to see TMNT in Dimensions.  Too bad LEGO lost licensing to MB :( 

• Like 2

If Fantastic beasts and the New Ghostbusters are basically the game they would have made for those movies, does this mean any other licensed films may go the Dimensions route?

Are they actually marketing this to kids or to their parents? I doubt any kid would care about Gremlins, ET, A-Team or even Mission Impossible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

If Fantastic beasts and the New Ghostbusters are basically the game they would have made for those movies, does this mean any other licensed films may go the Dimensions route?

Are they actually marketing this to kids or to their parents? I doubt any kid would care about Gremlins, ET, A-Team or even Mission Impossible.

Vacation!  I need the Griswold's for my Big Ben.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Both.  I would not be surprised if the next wave include the Beatles team pack :D Just imagine how powerful the Yoko Ono character be :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

It seems the answer is both, which is brilliant. I'm revved about Mission: Impossible and A-Team (and several others), and the niece and nephew are excited about the more recent franchises. It's pretty awesome. :)

Edited by scrappyJedi

I would be slightly surprised to see any characters from a Rated R property.  I also think other Nintendo properties may be a stretch.  The Donkey Kong and Koopa Skylanders only worked on the Wii and 3DS versions of that game.  K'nex sells Mario Cart sets, so that may affect what they can do.

Indiana Jones makes sense to me too, along with Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm not that interested in E.T., didn't really enjoy that movie when I was younger.  I saw the Goonies later in life and while I can see the charm, it doesn't have the same nostalgia factor as it may for other people, enjoyable movie though.

45 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Are they actually marketing this to kids or to their parents?

This is 'two-way street" marketing - it's not only a way to sell Lego minifigures to older fans, but a way to market old IPs to a younger generation.  It's actually a brilliant way to rekindle interest in some old IPs.

• Like 2

This is 'two-way street" marketing - it's not only a way to sell Lego minifigures to older fans, but a way to market old IPs to a younger generation.  It's actually a brilliant way to rekindle interest in some old IPs.

It's also a great way to introduce LEGO to gamers and parents of gamers. Just a taste and we got ya.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inversion said:

Top Gun please, thanks.

Well, we've got a Tom Cruise minifig now.

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

My kids are dying to see Ghostbusters, and love Back to the Future, all because I we have Dimensions.

• Like 1