$1000 Lego Lot - Buy or negotiate

I am in the process of acquiring these Lego sets. He is asking $1000.. If I buy them today (maybe in next 3 hours) and as a lot.

No boxes, but states all are complete and with manuals.

Thoughts? $1000 is not a small amount to shell out at once.

IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7506.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

IMG_7504.JPG

Edited by siddji

I guess am thinking taking his word for that its complete. And show up with $1000 cash at a starbucks. 

From pictures it looks the are 98% complete (Modulars). 

The death start I cannot tell and no way to tell (will count the minifigures).

He has to sell them today supposedly.

Planning to meet in 2 hours .. will update how it went. His kids are done with legos and he needs the cash I guess. I will take a hit if they are missing pieces, but I am assuming its worth it. Now to call chase to have atm withdrawal limit increased.

Edited by siddji

Appreciate the feedback. Yes I did ponder what's the catch. I guess its that you have to buy all for $1000 as he needs cash.

I just wanted to share to make sure its not one of those too good to be true or Show up with $1000 cash and expect a bad scenario.

Appreciate the feedback. Yes I did ponder what's the catch. I guess its that you have to buy all for $1000 as he needs cash.

I just wanted to share to make sure its not one of those too good to be true or Show up with $1000 cash and expect a bad scenario.

Well, don't be unsafe...

6 hours ago, siddji said:

$800 later (that was my atm max) nothing I could do I ended up with all the sets . I was like $800 and that's all I can do due to actual limitation . 

After looking at used sales value on eBay these I think I can get double my investment :) .. But these are going in my room as part of my collection 

Double your investment??? You have way underestimated the value of your find.

I could pay you double, and still expect to double my investment.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, siddji said:

$800 later (that was my atm max) nothing I could do I ended up with all the sets . I was like $800 and that's all I can do due to actual limitation . 

After looking at used sales value on eBay these I think I can get double my investment :) .. But these are going in my room as part of my collection 

This is spectacular. I dare say a better deal than $1 Spaceports or $12 Sandcrawlers in my book, given that these are all retired and you truly made all of us jealous. I'm hoping none of it turned out to be kragled (that was the thought that popped into my head at night), but boy do I wish I was you right now.

• Like 2