The HH mini figures aren't especially valuable, I would recommend building that to make sure everything else is there and then selling it used. You should still clear well over MSRP. Oddly you're not the first seller I've heard about getting scammed in this manner.

ack, I didn't read the part about the missing bags... You can still sell the instructions and sticker sheet, and the sand green pieces sell well. At least that's something :(

Edited by Migration

• 4 months later...

Need a quick bit of advice: I have just sold 2 items to the same buyer on EBay. I have combined shipping for the items and want to refund the buyer a part of his shipping fees. Hw do I do this? I was going to just send the refund as a Friends & Family payment, but then I thought that that would leave me open to trouble if for any reason the buyer cancels the transaction (i.e. via a claim). In PayPal I can only refund the full amount. What is the proper way to issue this refund?

Need a quick bit of advice: I have just sold 2 items to the same buyer on EBay. I have combined shipping for the items and want to refund the buyer a part of his shipping fees. Hw do I do this? I was going to just send the refund as a Friends & Family payment, but then I thought that that would leave me open to trouble if for any reason the buyer cancels the transaction (i.e. via a claim). In PayPal I can only refund the full amount. What is the proper way to issue this refund?

you can refund part of the amount via PayPal.
Just click the refund link in that transaction.
In the next page, you can enter the amount.
PayPal will also return the fee for that part.
  • Like 1

I always thought u can control the amount of refund in PayPal. Has this changed?
  • Like 1

I can still issue partial refunds on items that I have already printed the shipping label for. Perhaps it has to do with the buyers funding source. Also watch out if they are a zero feedback just signed up the day of the sale ebayer. There is a scam where they buy multiples then claim only one was received. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I can still issue partial refunds on items that I have already printed the shipping label for. Perhaps it has to do with the buyers funding source. Also watch out if they are a zero feedback just signed up the day of the sale ebayer. There is a scam where they buy multiples then claim only one was received. 

Nope, reputable buyer. Will contact Paypal support shortly and see what they say. Worst case I don't refund and keep the double shipping fee :)

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Nope, reputable buyer. Will contact Paypal support shortly and see what they say. Worst case I don't refund and keep the double shipping fee :)

Friendly Paypal lady couldn't figure it out either, sent it forward to the technical team. I did the refund via Friends & Family and she linked that transaction to my original sale so that in case something goes wrong (scam etc.) I have something to work with. Anyhoot, we're talking $2 :)

Guest TabbyBoy

@StompingFreak- You're still around then? If that was me and I lost the eBay/PayPal case, I'd order a truckload of sand or manure to be delivered to their house, cash on collection. You can have a lot of fun with somebody else's address! ;-) But, wait at least a year before doing anything and 192.com will confirm that they still live there.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, junkrigger said:

I also am very curious about what happened to StompingFreak. eBay claims decisions can be erratic and unpredictable and knowing how this one ended is useful knowledge for all sellers and buyer.  Although if eBay sided with the scammer I might be hesitant to be advertising that even here.

I had eBay side with a scammer and I then threatened to take eBay and the buyer through the Small Claims Court. Once they had the letter from my solicitor friend (cost me a beer!)  they soon gave me a 100% refund and an apology. eBay are as greedy as they get and need to be taken down a peg or two.

I may be a Tabby Boy but, I ain't no *****! ;-)

I had eBay side with a scammer and I then threatened to take eBay and the buyer through the Small Claims Court. Once they had the letter from my solicitor friend (cost me a beer!)  they soon gave me a 100% refund and an apology. eBay are as greedy as they get and need to be taken down a peg or two.
I may be a Tabby Boy but, I ain't no *****! ;-)

What I've heard from my lawyer friend is that lawyers only talk to lawyers. So if your claim is small enough, for most businesses, it would be cheaper to refund you than it would be to hire/pay a lawyer to respond to lawyer's request.