EBAY: SPRING 2016 SELLER UPDATE (Increase in store prices)

bouncer

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/index.html

Here's the one that impacts me the most, but might benefit others.

New benefits for eBay Store subscribers plus new fee updates

This May, eBay will introduce a new pricing structure for some listing features and for eBay Store subscriptions, plus new benefits for eBay Store subscribers.

For eBay Store subscribers 
Anchor Stores—New access to dedicated customer service

Beginning in May, eBay will introduce a new pricing structure for Anchor Store subscribers. With the new pricing structure, Anchor Store subscribers also will receive new benefits including increases in the zero insertion fee listings allotment for both fixed-price and auction formats in nearly all categories and new credits for promoted listings. North American registered Store subscribers will also receive a coupon for eBay-branded shipping supplies and, by July 1, will receive exclusive access to customer service via a dedicated a toll-free phone number and email.

How these changes may impact you: 

If you are an Anchor Store subscriber on an annual subscription, you will pay an additional $360 per quarter, and the value of the benefits that you will receive, excluding the value of new, dedicated customer service, is worth up to $1,495 per quarter.

Premium and Basic Stores 

Beginning in May, eBay will introduce a new pricing structure to Premium and Basic Store subscribers. With the new pricing structure, Premium and Basic Stores will receive an increase in the zero insertion fee listing allotment for both fixed-price and auction formats, and North American registered Store subscribers will also receive a new coupon for eBay-branded shipping supplies.

How these changes may impact you: 

If you are a Basic Store subscriber on an annual subscription, you will pay an additional $12 per quarter, and the value of the benefits that you receive will be worth up to $165 per quarter.

If you are a Premium Store subscriber on an annual subscription, you will pay an additional $30 per quarter, and the value of the benefits that you receive will be worth up to $380 per quarter.

You can go to ebay if you want to see all the changes.

Edited by bouncer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

yes? I'm not a click-to-find-out kind-a guy ... a bit of an explanation might be useful here ... why this link, what info is in it that would be interesting to all of us?

Thanks for making the change - appreciated!

Well I am definitely not getting a store now. Was thinking about finally doing it this year. So ebay, you keep giving me more and more free listing every month and then you raise the store prices. This is supposed to convince me to get a store, how? I know you want me to, you constantly send me emails about it, but you aren't going about it a very smart way.

14 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Well I am definitely not getting a store now. Was thinking about finally doing it this year. So ebay, you keep giving me more and more free listing every month and then you raise the store prices. This is supposed to convince me to get a store, how? I know you want me to, you constantly send me emails about it, but you aren't going about it a very smart way.

But wait .... you don't want to get ebay shipping supplies at a great discount (from overly inflated prices compared to what we can already get from staples and the like?)