eBay Selling Advice

Legodog

6 minutes ago, Martae54 said:
12 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

sounds fun !!!! mods only???

The mods have been running them, hence the joke.

Head on over to the thread, post you'd like to play, see if anyone's looking for a team mate. The contest isn't for a while and plenty of people enter at the last minute. You'll also see it get blatantly and shamelessly plugged in many threads as the contest gets nearer. :)

<Pro Tip: Read as much as you can from the LEGO Star Wars threads before it starts.>

• Like 1

Being friendly with my local (though I'm away on business) PO worker helps. He called and pulled it until tomorrow so I can figure this out. I don't want to risk losing the money in some resolution if I can just take my product back and refund the money. So I hit the pause button until I know more. I still welcome any advice you folks have.

47 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Being friendly with my local (though I'm away on business) PO worker helps. He called and pulled it until tomorrow so I can figure this out. I don't want to risk losing the money in some resolution if I can just take my product back and refund the money. So I hit the pause button until I know more. I still welcome any advice you folks have.

From my experience you're safe. You didn't do anything wrong. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question. I sold a few sets of Disney mini figs and the space slug on eBay all went smooth. I've been using eBay like 12 years so not new to it. As I start driving around and buying 4-6-8-even 10+ of sets I notice (Not all boxes are created equal) some have minor spider wrap marks, shelf damage, etc.

My game plan was to just list buy now or make offer. Seems the best way to go when selling. My question is how do you list the ones that are not perfect? Do you sell all 10 as a quantity and make a comment in the description (may have shelf wear/usual wear/tear) or do you do 10 different auctions with case by case depending on the overall condition of the box? Before I put all 10+ up under one auction I just want to get advice seeing how it can be a case by case with overall condition of the boxes...thanks!

I have a situation I'm feeling a little iffy on. On May 2 I sold a couple Silver Centurions for a BIN price of $80. Buyer paid, and I shipped them the next day, and then I relisted another pair for the same price. On the tracking it still doesn't show that it's been delivered yet, so I've been wondering what's going on with that, then a few minutes ago I got a message from the buyer. He wants to buy the 2 I have up for sale also, just asking if I can do $75 for them this time. Normally I would probably do it, but a few things seem fishy to me. For one, why is it not showing if it's been delivered, two, it's kind of a strange address in Sarasota FL, which I've googled and found out it's a "freight forwarder" I guess shipping to China or something since the buyer has a very Chinese name. Also, the request to buy this second lot is the same name and address, but a slightly different user name and eBay account. Both accounts have feedback in the 100's and 100% positive. Is this all legit? This is what the tracking shows:d2af2ac82cab271e2b638eaa1c4f90cf.jpg

Shouldn't matter that it's a freight forwarder. Should show up as delivered if in fact was. Why not ask the buyer if it was delivered?

I don't see the issue shipping the other two, maybe you don't want to use USPS for the second one, pay for signature confirmation.

I've sold a few silver centurions and more than half went to Korean people. No issues with any of them. (Are you saying Chinese sounding because you know it to be or are you just saying cuz it sounds Asian)

• Like 2

Oh I don't really know, I guess it could be Korean. I just thought it was strange that it was 2 different eBay accounts.

...well a couple minutes after I posted this someone else bought my polys. I sent a message to my first buyer asking if he received them yet. Thanks for the advice.

34 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Just after a bit of advice/conformation really.  Do people generally find that selling items with actual photos vs stock photos yield better results on sites like eBay?

Or does it not really matter too much?  I know a good phot makes all the difference but some of the stock ones are pretty good :)

As a buyer on Ebay, I prefer the actual photo so I can check box condition.

What do you do if a "buyer" doesn't pay, and doesn't respond after multiple tries? eBay said I need to wait 30 days before they can cancel, but this is holding up the item that I had an offer from another buyer. And if eBay cancelled, can you still leave negative feedback on the "buyer." Thanks for the advice.