Why doesn't ebay display properly on my laptop?

rpaulson7

See image below.  eBay always displays like this.

It is a work-issued laptop.  Software prevents access to some website, including some with streaming video, and a few other categories.

eBay is not blocked, but always displays like this.  This problem doesn't exist with any other websites.  Anybody know a fix?

ebay.jpg

Somehow the CSS associated with ebay does not load on your laptop. From what I can see, the CSS for EBay gets loaded from ir.ebaystatic.com. Perhaps your worklaptop blocks that domain? You can check it my just trying to go directly to ir.ebaystatic.com and see if you get a warning from the firewall software.

Additionally, there is a boatload of Javascript on the page - is Javascript perhaps disabled in your browser?

Edited by Phil B

CSS stands for "Custom Style Sheet". It's a web standard where all the formatting for the page is stored in a separate document, so that it is separated from the actual contents of the webpage (the text and images). This was done to make it easy to change the formatting of the page (i.e. change colors of a heading or change the size of a font) without having to change the entire webpage.