Lego 2x VIP is on.. what sets did you pick up?

Substored

In store:

x1 Parisian Restaurant (for personal collection)

x1 Cargo Train (at $159 sale price)

x1 Pirate Chess

x6 Assorted SW $12-30 price point sets

x13 assorted City/Superheros $10-40 price point sets

TOTAL DAMAGE = just shy of $600.  With this morning's online Scooby Collection, brings the daily total to $803 single day spending.

God help me 2xVIP is terrifying.  Doubled my previous single-day spending record.  Now I just need to QFFL $500 worth of it before the wife takes a peek at the checking account!

Edited by AirborneAFOL
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Muffin Cup said:

I ordered a Sancrawler and a Slave I even though they're both out of stock (expected ship date ~ March 20th). Just want to lock in those double VIP points. 

I look forward to getting a Kai Dragon shaped dent in each of the boxes. 

Oh, this is possible?  I didn't realize I could purchase a back-ordered product like that and earn the double VIP points.

Thanks for the tip!

Surprised to see the horde has wiped out DO, PR, and PS, but that good ole' PC is still available. I guess everyone has filled their boots on that one from last year? But then I'd have thought PS would be in the same boat, everyone has one or three.  Any other speculation on why PS went TOoS already and not PC? 

Not sure where this belongs as it's pretty area specific, please move if I've misplaced, but I figure this is as good a spot as any. 

I generally like to try and stack my Double VIP with Bonus points from Damaged Box sets in store. I just rang Oakridge Vancouver, apparently they have "lots of Brick Banks", a PC, and a SoH. 500 points for the modulars, 1000 for the SoH [not 1500 like the previous time; did you ever pick that up Redghost?]. I put SoH on hold for 24 hours while I decide if I want it. May depend on level of damage, or whehter I can carve enough display space to build one....

"Lots of Brick Banks" was the term he used though, might be too early for some, but for a personal build it's a great opportunity! Picked one up on release day, fantastic build.  

Edited by Zelgazra

9 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Surprised to see the horde has wiped out DO, PR, and PS, but that good ole' PC is still available. I guess everyone has filled their boots on that one from last year? But then I'd have thought PS would be in the same boat, everyone has one or three.  Any other speculation on why PS went TOoS already and not PC? 

Sure ....

1) A LEGO town can only sustain so many Cinema's and/or Chinese Restaurants ....

2) There were no good movies playing, so everybody skipped the Cinema.....

... or did you only want _serious_ speculation?

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
4 minutes ago, spoonchicken said:

Ordered Fairground, Ferris, Bank, Ninjago Temple..........Man this hobby is expensive

it only gets worse

On 3/8/2016 at 7:20 PM, legorunner said:

1 Parisian Restaurant b/c obviously its awesome, but more importantly b/c my wife saw it online when I was browsing and said "I want to have that!", and now i'm another step closer to a full conversion to AFOL. 

Always listen to the wife.  Mine always complained that I didn't let her build Lego sets, so I offered to have her help me built the Parisian Restaurant.  She's now hooked.  The Parisian Restaurant is a great build with lots of details.

We built the new Lakeside Lodge recently and she was insistent on building the moose. 

It's all good!

• Like 2

local 

• 2 slave 1
  • 2 EV
  • 2 Sandcrawler
  • 5 easter chick 40202
  • 5 Wedding Favor  40165
  • 2 Lego Arch Studio kits  (sale:  $127.52

On 3/8/2016 at 7:42 PM, yang said:

In store only.

just picked up last two on lego store shelf  $127 each