Lego 2x VIP is on.. what sets did you pick up?

Substored

Well just bought my first EV from Lego.com. got the 2x VIP points and Kai's Mini Dragon.  Still on the fence about paying full price for EV but i have yet to find any sale on it and thought 2x VIP is the best ill be able to muster. 

What is everyone else picking up during this event?

VIP Offer of the Month

EARN DOUBLE VIP POINTS!

ON ALL PURCHASES, 7 - 22 MARCH

img550x370_Mainstage_EN.png

I also grabbed 1 x EV.

This is a set I wanted for my collection, but was holding off for the 2x VIP promotion.  Stayed up late tonight to push the order through just in case it's back ordered for the duration of the event.

Edited by Codes

so for people who want multiple, are you guys placing two separate orders to get multiple Kai's Mini Dragons or is that frowned upon, or is it even worth it?

just placed two separate orders for EV.  didn't have much choice since limit is 1 on them.

thanks.

Edited by ichiroll

1 hour ago, TBDieckmann said:

In which countries are that offer?

Here in Denmark we dont get any double-VIP points :( at all!

Or do we have to wait for another time during the year?

According to this thread, it looks like there will be an event for European countries.  Perhaps it's not live just yet.

2 minutes ago, Anakin_Skywalker said:

Do you see the points doubled in the item page or the points are somehow cashed in when you check-out the order?

At first i didnt see the points doubled until i went to checkout. But now it shows double points on item pages.

I just ordered an Ewok Village to replace one that I sold at cost a few weeks ago to a friend, and another Slave I. Two separate orders. I was going to pick up a couple more Deep Sea Operation Bases because they have been on sale for the past couple of weeks but it looks like they raised them back up to full price. Strange, because the Scooby Doo three pack and Pirates Chess set are both still on sale.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1

I have a what to buy dilemma ( or is that dilemna :jester: )

2x VIP had co-incided with me have a bit of ready cash. 

I'm debating to buy a couple large sets, like Ghostbusters HQ, or Sandcrawler, or Hellcarrier.

Or a number of small sets like Big Bang Theory, Ecto 1.

Other usual criteria apply, ie can;t get them cheaper elsewhere, like Amazon Ebay etc... and ideally the sets will be near EOL (which of course is always a guestimate).

Got sandcrawler, ghostbusters hq and slave 1. All of those are unavailable at retail over here afaik. I might get another ewok village in a few weeks if they are still in stock. Ideas is not worth it imo, because you can get similar or better discounts at other stores.

Spent my weekend "Lego time" selling, woefully unprepared for 2xVIP strategy...

Slave-1 & Sandcrawler already OOS (US). Grabbed a Scooby Collection - $104 buy in (sale price + tax - VIP pts), may have been a Day 1 panic buy, need to figure out my ROI stratrgy for it still.  QFFL, sit on it, or part it out?  Will try and decide today... May keep just  the house for my personal collection.

Hitting Lego retail store this afternoon (Mall of America) - 10 PAB cups to stock my Ebay store shelves, plus a Parisian Restaurant is my plan.  SC & S-1 if they're available in store.  Staff there is always happy to give "1 freebee per $75 spent" so no worries about staging out the buys to maximize those...

• Like 3