What's up? from The Big Easy

@Kneel_Before_Zod Recently I wrote a blog article about the hazards of jumping in without doing research and how the easy money that is forecasted by the sensationalist articles is not the general rule. I highlighted 3 money losing themes out of many.

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/brickvesting/throwing-money-away-why-not-buy-everything-r17341/

There's a lot of discussion about buying  at the right price after the blog article. Just wanted to share the counterpoint to the media hype. There's a lot of good information on this site. Take a look at the What did I buy, what did I sell, What did I not buy, and daily deals. Also take a look at the what LEGO to buy and sell and deal or no deal threads. Those threads will be good as a starting point.  As with investing in stocks, you should do your research, figure out what works best for you based on the information available, and potentially your own read on the situation. Be prepared to have stock that can take up a lot of real estate in your house for a while.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

Hi, found this site a few weeks ago after reading some story about how it's easy to make money with Legos.  I've never really played with them, I actually think they're stupid, but if I can make some extra money from them it doesn't matter what I think.  My name is Mike, but my friends call me Zod cause I look like Terence Stamp in Superman II.  Some of my favorite movies are anything Star Trek, 12 Monkeys, and Stargate.  TV shows I like are The Following, Ghost Hunters and How I Met Your Mother.   Favorite group is Big Tymers - they're from New Orleans!  Enough about me, my question is what should I buy?  Like I said, I don't like Legos so they're all the same to me.  Is there a feature where I can say how much I have to spend, how long until I want to sell them, how much risk I'm comfortable with, etc and then it gives me a list of what to buy?  Thanks and I look forward to buying and selling lots of Legos!

Since you've come to a forum about LEGO investing I suggest you start here:

As previously mentioned you aren't off to a good start. "stupid" comments as a result of your immaturity or lack of intellect won't get you very far on BP. Read up and ask a lot of questions. There is a great deal of valuable information on this forum and hundreds of members who know a great deal about LEGO and LEGO investing on this Forum.

If you're looking for the "get rich quick on LEGO scheme" that was in the article you read perhaps you might like reading this article:

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...