Brickpicker Smooshing Guide for Lego Collectible Minifigures Series 15

Darth_Raichu

13 hours ago, mesje said:

You could be right only if the price of minifigures would be much less than EUR 3, for example EUR 0.5 - 1 - then you can buy 50-60 minifigures to find 16 different figs. But expect to spend 3x eur 3 to get 1 new 2 and have 2 figs redundant (so to pay EUR 9 for new fig), its not fair. And you still cannot be sure that you have all 16 characters after buying 50-60 figs - since the amount of every fig is different in 1 box. So smooshing is absolutelly OK for me.

Hey I'm all for paying less for your figures!  I was just pointing out the strategy TLG uses to maximize their sales figures. In fact it's a very common technique. The most obvious example being trading card booster packs like Magic the Gathering.

On January 28, 2016 at 5:31 AM, jerryherb said:

i have not seen these on shelves yet, are they out and about in all markets?

5 seconds my 4$$

do we have the table of contents of a sealed case?

I havne't seen them anywhere either went to TRU today and nothing. Also stopped by the local lego store but got a call right when I walked in so was only able to do a quick pass through the store and had to leave :( Might have missed them but didn't see any in my run through the store.

On 1/27/2016 at 6:54 AM, c_rpg said:

I haven't had any luck finding fright knights using the smooshing technique. I got a few shark suit guys, but also a lot of wrestlers unfortunately. I'm kinda wary of standing in the Lego aisles too long, so I guessed a few figures incorrectly. Have any of you ever had store clerks asking what the hell you were doing?

On the days I'm feeling exceptionally lazy, I just buy a ton of them, take them all home and smoosh them on the comfort of my own couch.  Then, I keep all that I wanted and simply return those I didn't want to keep. :derisive:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:13 AM, NumeroUno said:

On the days I'm feeling exceptionally lazy, I just buy a ton of them, take them all home and smoosh them on the comfort of my own couch.  Then, I keep all that I wanted and simply return those I didn't want to keep. :derisive:

That's what I like to hear, I am doing the same thing!

On 2/2/2016 at 8:13 AM, NumeroUno said:

Many here will salute you with an 'ol
59272195.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/2/2016 at 8:13 AM, NumeroUno said:

I've done this before too but I admit that it's lame. 

Standing in the store feeling up bags to find the figures I want, I feel kind of like a pervert. People walking by stare at me and I just give them a smile as they walk by a little faster.

Did the same 2 mins ago. Walked out the store and then realized I got the lady trying to catch that animal thing (don't want this), feeling the bag more deeply when walking down the street.

Entered again in the store and asked to change.

Felt pervert as well :D