21030 - United States Capitol Building

HandyHand

33 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

That's way too early, man.  You'll be able to stock up on these for years...

with walmart's performance, I'll need to order 4 just to get one that isnt crushed or opened.  even with my beloved site to store which has sucked as of late.  i also have a feeling this set could be around until the end of Trump's first term.  

21 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Have you seen the box in person? It's fatter than Imperial Hotel.

i have seen the box in person and it is girthy. 

still waiting for 25% off UCS Slave I.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Sold out at both Walmart and Amazon while on sale. Either they both bought light or people got piggy or both.

well if newbie can clear out buckingham palace at 25% off...

seriously though 25% off architecture buyin, not a bad spot to be. not all-star but solid returns if you are patient.

$15 Empire State Buildings .  wish i could get more.  remember feeling like a dweeb loading up on these during the TRU BOGO 50% offs.  now i am ok with it.  especially being able to ship first class.  easy money.

Edited by cladner

13 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Sold out at both Walmart and Amazon while on sale. Either they both bought light or people got piggy or both.

If people are starting to invest in this by buying more than a few, then the horde is getting more and more bold, and perhaps more close to being insanely foolish.  While I think this set is a gem, there's too many variables to say this will be a good investment at this point in time.  If this thing has 300 sellers on amazon before it goes EOL in 10 years then I woudn't want to touch this as an investment.

It's all about CAGR.  Putting money into a set that is not going to bring any returns for 6 to 8 years is not a smart move. Better to put the same amount of money into something else that will turn that 80.00 after tax into something that could possibly make you a return next year or the year after... not 8 years from now.  At that point, you'd probably get a better and more safer return in putting that same amount of cash into something like bonds.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

This some are hedging as a hot xmas set, white house has done well many years in the past at the holiday so no reason Capitol shouldn't especially at a rare early 25% off

It's everywhere.  I can go to BAM, B&N, TRU, and Lego stores and pick this one up right now.  Rarely do I ever see architecture sets run out of stock, in fact most of the time even after they retire, you can land them for at times a year beyond their EOL date....  Anymore, I wouldn't underestimate the lego group to also flood the marketplace.  Amazon and Walmart will surely have this back in stock next week, or the week after.  While the discount is nice, 25% is still not deep enough, IMO.  

It's not my money thought that is being spent, so to each their own.  

On 9/19/2016 at 9:59 PM, fossilrock said:

It's everywhere.  I can go to BAM, B&N, TRU, and Lego stores and pick this one up right now.  Rarely do I ever see architecture sets run out of stock, in fact most of the time even after they retire, you can land them for at times a year beyond their EOL date....  Anymore, I wouldn't underestimate the lego group to also flood the marketplace.  Amazon and Walmart will surely have this back in stock next week, or the week after.  While the discount is nice, 25% is still not deep enough, IMO.  

It's not my money thought that is being spent, so to each their own.  

not everywhere today,  sometimes just about opportunity...  25% off on probably the best set out right now especially in the price range was a great deal.  Everywhere today is not everywhere in 2 months and I know you know that as well which is what I was getting at.  Maybe it will be maybe it won't be OOS at xmas but at that price and that short of time it was a low risk opportunity.  

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Architecture-United-Capitol-Building/dp/B01CVGV5H2

• Like 1