76052 - Batman Classic TV Series - Batcave

CoastaLego

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

See ToA. I expect some type of doorbuster offer after the summer. in Europe, it´s not marked yet so I guess it will stay around till 3rd or 4th quarter.

Batcave marked as retiring soon in UK.  So should see 10% off soon and ultimately 30% off.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

"Exclusives" were not put on sale last time around, even when they came back into stock.

True, but can't see this shifting without any incentives, even with impending retirement.  Only thing that it has going for it is the minifigures and the retro batmobile.  Rest is a complete monstrosity.  Smyths had it below £150 last year and there were not many takers.  So unless there been very conservative with their production runs, then this will hang around like a bad smell taking up lots of valuable shelf real estate that is desperately needed for imminent releases.  Space is such a premium in the stores local to me, that they're having to put sets in the middle of the floor where they get kicked about by the kids.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them go straight to 30% off, in order to put this set out of it's misery. 

5 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go straight to 30% off, in order to put this set out of it's misery. 

Maybe that´s why they tagged it out of season.

In any case, it´s been out barely a year so the misery is nothing compared to Simpsons.

On 2017-6-23 at 2:51 PM, longshot said:

This set has actually done well parted out........ Figures, batmobile, batcycle, batcopter and the batcave. Have parted out quite a few of them and made a nice return. Especially on a set thats still widely available.

When you part it out do you apply the stickers to the bricks, or cut them out of their sheet to include with each relavant build, or keep the whole sheet intact and sell that separately?

When you part it out do you apply the stickers to the bricks, or cut them out of their sheet to include with each relavant build, or keep the whole sheet intact and sell that separately?

Cut the sticker sheet. X-acto knife is your best friend. Using a NEW blade for a box cutter will work too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Not able to get the tote bag to add to cart with promo code while signed into account. Am I doing something wrong?  

yea same just giving me x2 vip pts, might be out of the tote bag? might have to go to Lego store tomorrow if this is the case

On 7/1/2017 at 7:17 AM, Anomander said:

I just cut the stickers with scissors and include the appropriate ones with each lot. Seems to have worked out well so far............

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Out to 30 days at US SAH. Discount + retiring soon tag seems to have done the job.

By "done the job" you mean another production run due to false demand or perhaps shipping some more over to the USA from the EU were they are smart enough not to buy this turd of a set.  I wanted to pull the trigger on one for my personal collection but after rewatching this review couldn't do it even with 20% off and 2X VIP and promo.  This will be an interesting set to watch EOL not sure which will do better it or my Mega Blocks Enterprise. 

• Like 4