7962 - Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracers

stephen_rockefeller

The RRP here was $149

Who did they think they were kidding?

The scene itself is derided by alot of adults, and that price point pushed it too far away from the average kid saving up.

I thought MSRP was about $80. Considering it has 810 pieces, that's not a terrible price for a Star Wars set.

Steering clear on this personally. Would rather invest elsewhere. They are also a little awkward to play with, aren't they? No real iconic minifigs, etc....

I agree. As I've said before on another thread, Ep. 1 sets that have come out recently haven't done so well. That certainly won't help the value of this set either.

I think it`s a half-decent looking set. Not a great one, but maybe worth the 50% off that I got it for. A little more would have been nice. Like everyone says with sales though, that is 50% less ground needed to be made up. Would never have paid full price at $130 Canadian as I agree, 810 pieces for $130 is ridiculous. I think over time it would make a good display model more then anything else. No regrets yet though.

• 1 month later...

A guy on my local CL is selling two of these podracer sets NISB for 100 bucks...he wants 60 if you only buy one but 100 for both. Should I do it? I know a lot of people have trashed this set as a bad investment but I'd really like the mini figures from this one at least for my collection and figured I could probably get at least 50 if not more back for the other set...is it really that bad? Have these tanked that hard?

I bought one for $63 (including tax). If anything, it makes a decent display piece IMO. I figure worst that happens in I break even down the line, so for $50 each they may be a good deal. From what I`ve read from others though, they think it`s a poor investment. Likely this is the case, as the old one from the late 90`s is still around retail. Honestly, unless you like the set (which I do) it would probably be better to spend the capital elsewhere, that is unless you don`t mind owning two should the market turn sour.

Sebulba????

Jake "yippie" Long. Poor kid never had a chance even playing Anikan Skywalker. Lucas ruined the kid's acting career with that role.

disagree.....he ruined himself by being such a douche.........

I don't know how to reply. Umm,. I'm not speechless often. I think.. I should agree with you disagreeing with me.

Furthermore, another reason to not buy this set (the douche factor)

Sebulba????

Jake "yippie" Long. Poor kid never had a chance even playing Anikan Skywalker. Lucas ruined the kid's acting career with that role.

disagree.....he ruined himself by being such a douche.........

Seriously ? In any movie the actors follow the directions from the director, especially when you are a freakin KID !! When the kid cannot not act, the blame should go to the casting director and producer of the movie. Please direct all hatred to the director and executive producer who had the last words on anything Phantom Menace --> the venerable George Lucas

I personally had no problem with him or his acting in the Phantom Menace. My issue is with his attitude in his early 20's. If you haven't seen some of his latest interviews they are a little disturbing.

Thanks for clarifying. My knowledge of him was limited to SW1 movie. My time is best spent NOT caring about what actors think, say, or do outside their movies ;)