PSA: Don't revise your eBay promo listings

I am Niko

Not sure if this has been mentioned in depth here (I believe I saw one post that briefly stated it), but if you ever create eBay promo listings (like the recent "SELL IN-DEMAND ITEMS FOR FREE* THROUGH DEC 31!" one), make sure not to edit your auction(s) after you list them.  I was wondering why my eBay gift certificate total was only a little over $50, when I sold a good number of IR and RE, and it's because there's some fine print:

This Promotion does not apply to listings with a start date prior to Thursday, October 22, 2015, including those listings revised during the Promotion Listing Period.

Pretty silly, when I just updated the auction title or prices slightly.  Sorry if this is common knowledge, but hopefully it will help out some of you in the future.  Anyone able to get eBay CS to still honor revised listings?

• Like 3

Personally, I like that ebay does this.  I find this one of the drawbacks on amazon.  I sell a lot of bundles, and anyone can go in and modify a listing and completely hose everyone else on the listing.  I've had this happen to me twice now. 

Also, I can tell that riffraff are back on amazon, because today I went in to monitor some of my listings that I did very well with over the holidays, and it was evident they let the below average ones back in.  Some of this stuff makes me shake my head.  For example, I have a bundle of 5 items on one listing, and some idiot comes in, and doesn't have all 5, but just 3 of them and completely hijacks the sales item and has his price at 1/3 everyone else. No one looking for a complete wave will buy it like that, so it will be stuck at that price for a long time.  People like that should be kicked out, and forced to make an actual product listing with the actual amount they have.  Ahhh well.  Selling isn't always easy and a lot of times it's because of the lackluster rules..

At least with ebay's promotional items, it's a one-way street that keeps things flush.

Edited by fossilrock

47 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Personally, I like that ebay does this.  I find this one of the drawbacks on amazon.  I sell a lot of bundles, and anyone can go in and modify a listing and completely hose everyone else on the listing.  I've had this happen to me twice now. 

Also, I can tell that riffraff are back on amazon, because today I went in to monitor some of my listings that I did very well with over the holidays, and it was evident they let the below average ones back in.  Some of this stuff makes me shake my head.  For example, I have a bundle of 5 items on one listing, and some idiot comes in, and doesn't have all 5, but just 3 of them and completely hijacks the sales item and has his price at 1/3 everyone else. No one looking for a complete wave will buy it like that, so it will be stuck at that price for a long time.  People like that should be kicked out, and forced to make an actual product listing with the actual amount they have.  Ahhh well.  Selling isn't always easy and a lot of times it's because of the lackluster rules..

At least with ebay's promotional items, it's a one-way street that keeps things flush.

I get that point (and hate title spamming), but sellers could still title spam when creating the listing and never end up revising anything (unless caught and forced to by eBay).