Jump to content

75137 - Carbon-Freezing Chamber


9saintsman
 Share

Recommended Posts

I currently live in Japan and visited a merchant where I picked up the Carbon-Freezing chamber.  I visited the store on a Sunday where a stock person was pulling around a cart with all of the new sets.  I asked if these sets were for sale and he said "no, they will be for sale tomorrow".  So I returned to the store the following day to find the sets available.  I only purchased one, kicking myself now.  There are currently no more for purchase.  I have asked other employees by showing them a picture and they claim that they will not be getting or selling that set.  I have also heard rumor that the United States may not get many or will be late to get them.  Does anyone have any additional info on this set and if the merchant was just early to release?  Thank you all for the input.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

agreed.  makes me appreciate 10123 cloud city even more despite the set isn't aging well. it's still a classic though

10123 was well done, especially for it being from what? 2003?  Most figures to this day are still exclusive as well.  Never had the complete set myself, but did have the set w/o figures.  UCS Cloud City can't come soon enough.  It's my Star Wars version of Minas Tirith, the one location that NEEDS to be done.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, was in europe and the chamber as well pod escape were widely available shortly before christmas. I assume the sets will be flooding the US market soon. Here is a TRU link to AT http://www.toysrus.at/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=3996931&overrideStore=TRUAT&foreSeeEnabled=false to check what they have there.

Pod escape looks nice though (isn't the fourth or fifth remake?).

Edited by BoomBoomFlash
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was so ready to disbelieve all of the negatives and still have hopes that it could be a neat little set, but Jang's video highlighted far too many things that I dislike. Why is the change feature not just an elevator with a turntable on it? Combining 2 sets as it stands is impossible and will need to be mostly redesigned. I guess I should have expected that, but I hoped that they had left it open for people to combine multiple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have purchased this set, not for Boba fett minus arm print or the lame carbon freezing lack luster build, but for the Ugnaught minifig! that alone, will ensure this set will sell.

I what I have seen, Lego design team need firing for the build, plus I feel that have omitted one glaring obivious facial design omission on the Ugnaught mini fig.......

Where the are its tusks!!!?????????

Rant over, I think given time, and lack of avaliablitiy to the US market, this will be a sleeper set, Ugnaught mini fig will become the new greedo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 1/20/2016 at 1:27 PM, NZ-EUG said:

I have purchased this set, not for Boba fett minus arm print or the lame carbon freezing lack luster build, but for the Ugnaught minifig! that alone, will ensure this set will sell.

I what I have seen, Lego design team need firing for the build, plus I feel that have omitted one glaring obivious facial design omission on the Ugnaught mini fig.......

Where the are its tusks!!!?????????

Rant over, I think given time, and lack of avaliablitiy to the US market, this will be a sleeper set, Ugnaught mini fig will become the new greedo.

 

I literally came here to post exactly the same thing.  Once this set is retired i reckon you'll get 50% of your money back for the Ugnaught alone (and that assumes you're buying at RRP).  I also think that its unlikely we'll see Fett in a dirt cheap set (comparatively) like this one again.
If this standalone film of him actually materializes (although the more i think about it the more i think its just a fan boy dream) then that'll be the other 50% there.

Set is small and slightly underwhelming I know; but for its price I actually like it best out of all the current $25 sets.  The one thing that would worry me about this set is if bespin gets the "Assault on Hoth" UCS treatment - you know the carbon freezing chamber is going to be a big part of that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2016 at 8:27 AM, NZ-EUG said:

I have purchased this set, not for Boba fett minus arm print or the lame carbon freezing lack luster build, but for the Ugnaught minifig! that alone, will ensure this set will sell.

I what I have seen, Lego design team need firing for the build, plus I feel that have omitted one glaring obivious facial design omission on the Ugnaught mini fig.......

Where the are its tusks!!!?????????

Rant over, I think given time, and lack of avaliablitiy to the US market, this will be a sleeper set, Ugnaught mini fig will become the new greedo.

 

Not all Ugnaughts had tusks.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hZ1Q8acKZkk/VgLwmzlFJcI/AAAAAAABMFI/DiRCRp12jv4/w506-h285/G_113-Trading-Card-Other.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lego_Yoda said:

I literally came here to post exactly the same thing.  Once this set is retired i reckon you'll get 50% of your money back for the Ugnaught alone (and that assumes you're buying at RRP).  I also think that its unlikely we'll see Fett in a dirt cheap set (comparatively) like this one again.
If this standalone film of him actually materializes (although the more i think about it the more i think its just a fan boy dream) then that'll be the other 50% there.

 

Is there a big difference between this version and 9496 version that's also available as a watch? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Is there a big difference between this version and 9496 version that's also available as a watch? 

I don't think so (well not enough to split hairs over) but even if you think Carbon Freezing is not a great set I still think it has great potential to part out even if it is small and stock up on a couple of good minifigs at a cheap price.  I'd forgotten about 9496 but usually you only get Fett in more expensive sets (because hes flying around in slave 1).  

Any cloud city UCS set will definitely have a carbon freezing section chamber which would be my biggest reservation on going deep in this set.  Unless its going to be an assault on Hoth version in which case we can assume to get 3 to 4 more bespin sets over the next couple of years and then a UCS one which is them all combined :)

That said after seeing @exciter1 post on this in "what did you build today" it immediately made me go and watch the carbon freezing chamber scene which immediately made me want to get about 6 of these to moc up a proper diorama. 
My thinking here is there are going to be people (maybe not many but I reckon more then usual) who want multiple builds of this one (and maybe the Ug) to create something great.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Lego_Yoda said:

That said after seeing @exciter1 post on this in "what did you build today" it immediately made me go and watch the carbon freezing chamber scene which immediately made me want to get about 6 of these to moc up a proper diorama. 

My thinking here is there are going to be people (maybe not many but I reckon more then usual) who want multiple builds of this one (and maybe the Ug) to create something great.

I don't see many people going out of their way on the aftermarket to get multiples of this. I do see some getting it later because they missed it, or put it off too long. Ugnaut is going to be what sells this set. Look for him to be the new Jawa now that Lego has overfilled demand for desert vermin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

I literally just saw this yesterday for the 1st time and couldn't believe how small it is. At one point I was considering getting one for my personal collection, but that is definitely not happening anymore 

Agreed.  Even combining 2 would make a smaller set but could be the start of a decent Cloud City MOC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

I literally just saw this yesterday for the 1st time and couldn't believe how small it is. At one point I was considering getting one for my personal collection, but that is definitely not happening anymore 

 

10 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Agreed.  Even combining 2 would make a smaller set but could be the start of a decent Cloud City MOC.

I'll have something together one of these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...