ebay lego sellers with "bad" attitude

tyclin

I have made quite a bit purchase of lego sets on ebay, dealing with different ebay sellers. As long as the items arrive as described and within timeframe of delivery, normally there is not much to do except leaving positive feedback. However, I can't accept he mentality of the some ebay sellers (who sells lego sets of course). Since we are talking about investment, we are expecting if possible that box in great condition in addition to being a sealed set. I have encountered sellers whose attitude is really bad and unacceptable but funny thing is they all have 100% positive feedback.... When the items arrive with tears and damage, what they want is "if you don't like it, ship it back then"... Very obviously, they know the sets will just go up in a matter of weeks or months even now the boxes are with slight damages. The damage could be existing but seller fails to identify them or the damage happens during shipping due to improper packing. I feel it sarcastic that if you love lego so much, but when comes to selling lego, money is everything, what is lego? They don't care about you as buyers. Just send them back if you don't like it because no matter what, the price will go up. "It's up to you" that kind of attitude. What would you do when things like this happen?

I think a lot of people go wrong by having mins of like 100 positive feedbacks or whatever. In order to get 100 or more feedback you have to have had 100's if not a 1000 sales to get those 100 people to respond. I don't think most LEGO investors have sold thousands of LEGO sets. (I know you are talking about % but I think a lot of the smaller sellers who only sell LEGO sets are your typical investor.) If you have a 1000 sales in the last year, I doubt you take the time to package each one carefully as u would if you had fewer. If you had 15 - 25 or however many sales in the last year, I bet you take a little more time. Just a thought...I don't think there is a right answer but that's my 2 cents.

I suppose if they are saying the box is in excellent condition but there are no photos of the box I would always be wary, you could always request the seller to send additional photos, but experience suggests few can be bothered. As the previous poster says if they are serious sellers of Lego they would include an accurate description and photos to back up the description. The 'just send it back' attitude is depressing as they know most people can't be bothered as they end up out of pocket with nothing to show for it. In short, check feedback carefully of the seller, leave negative feedback if you genuinely feel you have been miss-sold, but only after using the arbitration service provided by eBay, although this can also be disappointing in its outcome sometimes.

I have made quite a bit purchase of lego sets on ebay, dealing with different ebay sellers. As long as the items arrive as described and within timeframe of delivery, normally there is not much to do except leaving positive feedback.

However, I can't accept he mentality of the some ebay sellers (who sells lego sets of course). Since we are talking about investment, we are expecting if possible that box in great condition in addition to being a sealed set. I have encountered sellers whose attitude is really bad and unacceptable but funny thing is they all have 100% positive feedback....

When the items arrive with tears and damage, what they want is "if you don't like it, ship it back then"...

Very obviously, they know the sets will just go up in a matter of weeks or months even now the boxes are with slight damages. The damage could be existing but seller fails to identify them or the damage happens during shipping due to improper packing.

I feel it sarcastic that if you love lego so much, but when comes to selling lego, money is everything, what is lego? They don't care about you as buyers. Just send them back if you don't like it because no matter what, the price will go up. "It's up to you" that kind of attitude.

What would you do when things like this happen?

I am surprised that you have found that to be a common response. I almost always get an "I am so sorry, what can I do to make things right" response.

I have made quite a bit purchase of lego sets on ebay, dealing with different ebay sellers. As long as the items arrive as described and within timeframe of delivery, normally there is not much to do except leaving positive feedback.

However, I can't accept he mentality of the some ebay sellers (who sells lego sets of course). Since we are talking about investment, we are expecting if possible that box in great condition in addition to being a sealed set. I have encountered sellers whose attitude is really bad and unacceptable but funny thing is they all have 100% positive feedback....

When the items arrive with tears and damage, what they want is "if you don't like it, ship it back then"...

Very obviously, they know the sets will just go up in a matter of weeks or months even now the boxes are with slight damages. The damage could be existing but seller fails to identify them or the damage happens during shipping due to improper packing.

I feel it sarcastic that if you love lego so much, but when comes to selling lego, money is everything, what is lego? They don't care about you as buyers. Just send them back if you don't like it because no matter what, the price will go up. "It's up to you" that kind of attitude.

What would you do when things like this happen?

OK so what do you expect them to do if a set is damaged? Most will take it back and refund your money. Especially if they offer to refund the money for the set plus shipping both ways, how much more can you ask of them?

Believe me I know how upsetting it can be to receive a damaged set and often it