75150 - Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-wing Starfighter

HandyHand

30 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Doubt it. Well well well overpriced and you can get Tie advanced separately for 35 euros.

Plenty of discounts though. Currently 60€ at TRU.

I do think it's kind of strange that they chose to produce this set in the first place. Rebels has only >100€ sets for this wave.

• Rebel Blokkade runner (120€)
  • AT-TE (130€)
  • TIE vs A-Wing (100€)

It would have made more sense to just release the A-Wing seperately as a cheap set in the lineup. No need for another TIE Advanced. Of course they were probably looking for an excuse to put Darth Vader in the set...

I think it´s another sign that Lego were overconfident and believed the market would accept any product at any price. Here it is 110 euros and is a shelf warmer. The 48 euro offer was sensible and the current one is OK but you have to think this will be one of the sets they will reduce on BF for everyone.

It´s certainly no AT AT and I doubt it will be a Phantom or Ghost now that retirement has been broadcast worldwide.

2 minutes ago, smsklpl said:

Darth Vader may give this set some fuel.

Wait and see.

That´s probably what Lego thought but if they didn´t put Vader in every second new set, they might realise that rarity is the key. Lat year, ISD and DS were the only placed to get him but then they had to bring out the Duel and now this and goodness knows what else.

• Like 1

this set features 2 cool vehicles with cool building techniques highlighted in jangs reivew and darth vader.  this set came out in May of this year now gets a retiring soon tag 6 months after it debuts.  i can't remember any star wars set having a 6 months life.  i'm a fan of tie fighters in general so i have already begun loading up with target discounting this effectively 40% with its current sale and the red card discount. 

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

this set features 2 cool vehicles with cool building techniques highlighted in jangs reivew and darth vader.  this set came out in May of this year now gets a retiring soon tag 6 months after it debuts.  i can't remember any star wars set having a 6 months life.  i'm a fan of tie fighters in general so i have already begun loading up with target discounting this effectively 40% with its current sale and the red card discount. 

And that´s the other problem I alluded to. Everyone and their dog is thinking the same thing and loading up. There´ll be sets that the horde will miss out on because they are focussed on the ones Lego has flagged. That´s where the money is.

Edited by Val-E

Just now, Val-E said:

And that´s the other problem I alluded to. Everyone and their dog is thinking the same thing and loading up. There´ll be sets that the horde will miss out on because they are focussed on the ones Lego has flagged.

yes but it still won't matter if it was only produced for 6 months.  this is the same argument you are making on the pet shop with its multiyear run and huge oversupply.  if this set was only produced for 6 months, it doesn't matter if resellers hoard them just because of the absolute supply.

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

yes but it still won't matter if it was only produced for 6 months.  this is the same argument you are making on the pet shop with its multiyear run and huge oversupply.  if this set was only produced for 6 months, it doesn't matter if resellers hoard them just because of the absolute supply.

The general public have consistently bought Pet Shop and you can´t buy half a pet shop in another set for less than half the price!

It´s yet to be seen if there is demand for this set and if so, what price they would be prepared to pay. Here, it´s full price when you can get blue x wings or MF´s for less in the same shop so it has absolutely no chance of selling well at Xmas.

I think it will also depend on what other sets are coming out. If there's no new A-Wing or TIE Advanced for the next 2-3 years, it would do pretty well. It's not really an OT set, but the vehicles are very similar to the original A-Wing and Vader's TIE plus they are great builds.

20 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The general public have consistently bought Pet Shop and you can´t buy half a pet shop in another set for less than half the price!

It´s yet to be seen if there is demand for this set and if so, what price they would be prepared to pay. Here, it´s full price when you can get blue x wings or MF´s for less in the same shop so it has absolutely no chance of selling well at Xmas.

Are you talking about the Tie Advanced Prototype?  There really isn't any comparison, except that it's another tie.

35 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Are you talking about the Tie Advanced Prototype?  There really isn't any comparison, except that it's another tie.

i think it was in response to my pointing out the short production run is the yang to the yin of his PS oversupply long production run argument.  best part of this thread will be when TLG does the ol' Lucy pulling away the football and takes away the retiring soon tag - 75150 is still listed as NEW at USA shop at home.  stupid resellers <snicker snicker snicker>. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, feed said:

This is going away.  Final duel is going away. Vader is currently available in the DS, but that’s pretty much it at.  So I guess he’s going to turn up in one of next year rogue one sets.   

We already know there will be another Vader Transformation in 2017, so he will be in that.

http://brickset.com/sets/75183-1/Darth-Vader-Transformation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, feed said:

This is going away.  Final duel is going away. Vader is currently available in the DS, but that’s pretty much it at.  So I guess he’s going to turn up in one of next year rogue one sets.   

I spotted this in the Brickiest database: http://brickset.com/sets/75183-1/Darth-Vader-Transformation

Not seen any leaked pics yet like some of the other 2017 SW sets

1 minute ago, Sfcommando14 said:

We already know there will be another Vader Transformation in 2017, so he will be in that.

http://brickset.com/sets/75183-1/Darth-Vader-Transformation

lol beat me to it

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

I see a lot of points on not going deep for this one...so of course I'm probably in for 10. I've seen this on display and I have to say this is a cool looking set. Tons of playability with 2 vehicles vs one.

Everyone in for 50 will make this a better set and get that pesky retiring soon tag removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to love it when a thread only has 2 pages and only 1 of them is pre-retirement!

Please could the good people post their seal codes here so we can estimate how many runs it has had? I know we have a thread for that already, but in this case the thread here is so short it won´t matter to add them.

First out of the block are weeks 13 and 33. Any advance on those?

Edited by Val-E