9500 - Sith Fury-class Interceptor

stephen_rockefeller

Well they never answered so it probably sold before I saw the listing, as is common around this shark tank. So I'll never know if this was the same guy again, but ah well. I'm sure he will list something else again sooner or later.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to change the subject, ;) but does anyone think the Fury-Class Interceptor is a must buy at $49 at Walmart? I get nervous about it as an investment when I consider that aside from Malgus, there is absolutely nothing special here.  The ship is pretty much made up entirely of common parts, and the Sith Troopers from 75001 do just as well as the ones from 9500.  It also seems so weird to me to have a $90 set only come with 3 minifigures.

Just so nobody flips out, yes I already bought the set.  I couldn't pass up a $90 set for $50.  But the more I think about it, the more I kinda feel like I want my $52.49 back to put into other things that I feel more strongly about.  It would be one thing if it was $33 as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, but for some reason, that $16 gap seems so huge to me.

Any thoughts here folks? 

Sorry to change the subject, ;) but does anyone think the Fury-Class Interceptor is a must buy at $49 at Walmart? I get nervous about it as an investment when I consider that aside from Malgus, there is absolutely nothing special here.  The ship is pretty much made up entirely of common parts, and the Sith Troopers from 75001 do just as well as the ones from 9500.  It also seems so weird to me to have a $90 set only come with 3 minifigures.

Just so nobody flips out, yes I already bought the set.  I couldn't pass up a $90 set for $50.  But the more I think about it, the more I kinda feel like I want my $52.49 back to put into other things that I feel more strongly about.  It would be one thing if it was $33 as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, but for some reason, that $16 gap seems so huge to me.

Any thoughts here folks? 

Ifyou feel so return it and be done with it...

Its all very simple.

Any thoughts here folks? 

"nothing special"?  Wow.  I think it is an amazing build and just an all around cool looking ship.  I love Sith and/or Tie based ships.  Everyone in entitled to their opinion, but man, I guess I'm just curious what ship you think IS "special"?

• 8 months later...

I really want to get this set. I love The Old Republic and already have the Jedi Knight ship and the small trooper box. I know this is an old set and getting a little harder to find. Should I wait and see to find this on sale? I am okay paying $90 right now but I found threads from last year listing prices for under $75. I have only been able to find these at TRU right now.

I really want to get this set. I love The Old Republic and already have the Jedi Knight ship and the small trooper box. I know this is an old set and getting a little harder to find. Should I wait and see to find this on sale? I am okay paying $90 right now but I found threads from last year listing prices for under $75. I have only been able to find these at TRU right now.

From what I recall, this set should be kicking the boot soon, (Er, kicking the boot? Brain, I'm not even sure that's an idiom) so I'd get it ASAP. That being said, now's not too bad to get it.

Check the Daily Deals threads from today, or sometime in the past week or so. There are two TRU $10 off $50 codes, plus a 20% off code somewhere there, and maybe another one that slipped my mind. I'm not entirely sure about the logistics of it, but there was something mentioned about one coupon per item, so toss in a small polybag or something to get two of the $10 off $50 to apply. I also recall 20% off not necessarily stacking, but if you can get a little less than $20 off of TRU's $99 price tag, I'd say that's pretty decent.

Read up, you'll find it there. I'd definitely go get it now though.

• 4 months later...

Don't sell any STAR WARS set till late next year.

I agree with you on sets from 4-6 and perhaps 1-3 to a lesser extent but what about expanded universe? I don't think they will get a bump like the others and could in fact go down because people will be spending their money on the other sets.