I Am Done Buying From eBay

Legodog

I only buy from eBay when the seller feedback is 100%. Also I usually ask numerous questions and if the seller is not extremely thorough answering those questions I will not buy from them or bid on their items. I also ask for and demand extra photos if they originally do not provide good/clear photos. I also ask to see photos of the box they are shipping the Lego set in as well as bubble wrap, etc they plan to use. If the seller cannot provide all of this I stay away. Good sellers who care and take pride in what they do will usually have no problem doing the above tasks. I know this sounds extreme but I am extremely picky when it comes to my Lego collection and demand the best, clean, and pristine boxes out there whenever feasible (in some cases with very rare, older sets it isn't always feasible to get super pristine boxes). Good luck in the future Legodog if you ever choose to go back to eBay purchasing, I know it can be quite fustrating at times.

Everyone just needs to buy more stuff from me. This is a sound solution and you will receive quality items shipped very carefully. ;)

You will have the option of selling to Brickpicker members through eBay very soon. Do you have a store? If you do, PM Jeff and he can get you involved in our new program. More info to follow.

I have an ebay store (UK based) and pack items very thoroughly including a postage box. I am interested in the new program.

Just stay tuned. PM Jeff Mack or me with your eBay store information. A more detailed announcement will be coming shortly.

Can't wait for this Ed!! Finally we might be able to purchase from sellers who actually give a crap about selling Lego and take pride in their work :)

Everyone just needs to buy more stuff from me. This is a sound solution and you will receive quality items shipped very carefully. ;)

You will have the option of selling to Brickpicker members through eBay very soon. Do you have a store? If you do, PM Jeff and he can get you involved in our new program. More info to follow.

I have an ebay store (UK based) and pack items very thoroughly including a postage box. I am interested in the new program.

Just stay tuned. PM Jeff Mack or me with your eBay store information. A more detailed announcement will be coming shortly.

Can't wait for this Ed!! Finally we might be able to purchase from sellers who actually give a crap about selling Lego and take pride in their work :)

I can't wait either. Better Sellers=Better Transactions.

would this program include amazon as well?

i will never sell another item on ebay... they are monopolistic bastards who held over 250,000$ in funds from my company. On top of that they charged me a 5,000 fee for there "investigation" which came up clean

As a seller on eBay who actually cares about how Lego sets look when unopened, I make a big point of talking about that in my auction listings, when the item I have to sell is MINT. My feedback is perfect because out of 10,000 Lego sellers on eBay, I'm certain the quality of shipping is in the top 10, if not the top 5. I overkill with inflatables, peanuts, bubble wrap, brand new shipping boxes usually of 200 ppsi, and mountains of tape. I have NEVER had anything that I've packed well get damaged in transit. And I mercilessly leave negative feedback and file complaints for any seller who can't do the same. Spend $3 and 10 minutes extra time and save yourself $100s in trouble, that's what I say. My username is my eBay userid, so keep me in mind. I just sold the entire LOTR/Hobbit, Spongebob and Indiana Jones lines these last two months, so if you're looking for any of those, you're out of luck.

I only buy from eBay when the seller feedback is 100%. Also I usually ask numerous questions and if the seller is not extremely thorough answering those questions I will not buy from them or bid on their items. I also ask for and demand extra photos if they originally do not provide good/clear photos. I also ask to see photos of the box they are shipping the Lego set in as well as bubble wrap, etc they plan to use. If the seller cannot provide all of this I stay away. Good sellers who care and take pride in what they do will usually have no problem doing the above tasks. I know this sounds extreme but I am extremely picky when it comes to my Lego collection and demand the best, clean, and pristine boxes out there whenever feasible (in some cases with very rare, older sets it isn't always feasible to get super pristine boxes). Good luck in the future Legodog if you ever choose to go back to eBay purchasing, I know it can be quite fustrating at times.

So you would not buy from me? I had 100% for 8 years until some (word I am not allowed to print on this site) of a woman left me a negative. And her quote " My son was disappointed". No emails, no contact whatsoever. This is where I learnt ebay does not tell you have had a negative. And the product? 100's of Minifig spares but no whole figures. It was blindingly obvious from the picture what she was getting. So if her actions cause someone else not to bid on my Ebay auctions, can I sue her for Defamation of Character?

I have only been 'investing' for the past few months and have not sold anything yet. All my investments have come from LEGO Shop at Home or Amazon and I have kept the their original packing for when I resell.

For past year I have been buying in bulk and selling it on piece by piece. So most of it is 20-30 years old, some more recent, does not have boxes but occassionally instructions. And most goes for under

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread. This one just came up in a general selling search. I rarely buy from Ebay anymore though I still sell. It seems like the Lego landscape is post apocalyptic in my opinion and there is a lot of just weirdness out there. When it comes to selling I tend to insure the package just to save myself the pain of dealing with a damaged package. Then it's a matter of the USPS fixing things if they treat it like Ace Ventura.