To part out, or not part out

Hi guys!

I have been reading through all the great material here, and if I missed where this question goes let me know.

The last couple of weeks since joining here I have been visiting my local Target. Today I noticed that they had separated out their Lego products by theme. The Lego Movie and Scooby Doo were placed far away from the more popular Super Heroes and Star Wars themes. I wondered if perhaps this was a sign that I go ahead and add a set since possibly these were going to be retired soon, or if it was just because these sets are not as popular anymore.

My main interest and focus is the mini figures, and I noticed after comparing Lego Movie 70817 Batman and Angry Kitty mini figures with 70818 Double Decker Couch mini figures there would be a better return on the 70817 set based on Ebay and Amazon pricing.

Who of you prefer to part out their purchased sets, and if so, why?

Thanks!

Don't base the lego section at target on anything other than earlier in the year one random person was offended by "boy building toys" so they went gender neutral. It doesn't work very well

Parting out can be better bang for your buck but ismore time consuming. It is also a way to flip sets before they are retired. DDC and hulk buster were recent examples

• Like 1

Ah, okay, I forgot about the Target gender issue. I was glad that the aisle was being ignored today as most of the parents were focused around Star Wars.

Scooby Doo, Pirates, and Lego Movie themes was what I had a chance to look at today. 

I thought as much. That will work well for me as I am not as patient as I would like to be and would prefer a slight to moderate profit  with quick return.

Thanks!

Wade, the Target near me has full shelves of scooby doo, its not flying off as fast as I thought.  Potential sleeper set or another GalaxySquad, worth parting out only theme?

I have had success parting out the Mystery Machine set, just about done with my second set. You should be able to make more parting out, have patience and, as with any set, make sure you buy at a low price to make it worthwhile.