LEGO Shop @ Home Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals USA/Canada

Jeff Mack

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Interesting observation

I think my investing article a couple days ago mirrors this observation. For a new investor there are probably better strategies than simply buying exclusives unless you have a ton of space and capital and time/patience. I picked up a couple exclusives on the pre-BF 2xVIP, but I also made several orders that I think will actually pan out sooner and potentially better (at least in terms of ROI%, if not total profit) and plan to do the same to get a few more Gingerbread Houses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

LEGO Shop at Home Fine Print You can't use your double VIP points from Saturday, or any points towards the $99 to get GH supposedly. This is new we will see if they have it programmed into their system. 

this just means that we won't be redeeming during the promotional period ;)

we had a one day 2X VIP promotion with the GH (GingerBread House) on 11/22 (saturday for 24 hours). This was not planned or stated in LEGO store calendar. This seemed like an impromptu event (at least to me).

if we time-travel back to 2014 (last year):

* there was no such event 

* and sales were so non-existent :( of course except few Lego Movie sets and 75012 that i could remember. and of course bunch of friends stuff.

while 2013 was a different story with TRIPLE VIP points :) which of course was a week before and we all thought we will get some on BF and some of us missed. 

Based on the past, it seems to me that there must be of course a good reason why they are adding that 2X VIP and a big list of sale item. They are announcing it early enough to get/generate the traffic either to the store and on-line.

i was not joking when i said "TLG sales must be lackluster this year" that was in reference to what they are doing and obviously when i said lackluster i didn't mean that their sales are below 2014(but who knows.. my own purchase is less on 2015 vs 2014) what i mean is they must have set themselves a lofty target to achieve certain double digit growth and they are missing that target (hence use of lackluster). That must be the reason for all these hoopla list ;)

That's quite the list! These sales start Friday right? I though I remember seeing on the calendar that the sales start on the Saturday?

The email title they sent out says starts tonight but it also says it starts November 27 so I'm really not sure.

They might have sent out the mass emails a day too early?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stackables said:
31 minutes ago, stackables said:

Anyone think the chess set is a good price at 42?  Trying to come up with 100 worth of goodies.

Anyone think the chess set is a good price at 42?  Trying to come up with 100 worth of goodies.

10245 Santos L. Halper  is a great addition.