New Star Trek TV Series

KShine

16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm definitely curious to know what this is going to be.  Will it be set in the same timeframe as the new movies?  Or, is this the Worf Series that Michael Dorn has been pitching?

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series.

Kurtzman co-wrote and produced

the blockbuster films “Star Trek” (2009) with Roberto Orci, and “Star Trek Into Darkness” (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof.

Kind of obvious to me.  They probably do not want to confuse the fanbase of the new movie by creating a TV show in alternate timeline. However, since Nimoy (RIP) will not be able to reprise his role as old Spock, Worf would be a good candidate for replacement as connection to original timeline.  It would also be an excuse to bring the Defiant to the new timeline

16 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Kind of obvious to me.  They probably do not want to confuse the fanbase of the new movie by creating a TV show in alternate timeline. However, since Nimoy (RIP) will not be able to reprise his role as old Spock, Worf would be a good candidate for replacement as connection to original timeline.  It would also be an excuse to bring the Defiant to the new timeline

It seems somewhat obvious.  But, at the same time, it doesn't (to me).  Michael Dorn recently pitched his series to CBS execs.  On top of that, this series is being produced for an online viewing experience, not for commercial television.

That seems so niche.  I don't think they believe a television series is going to carry any weight (hence the online platform).  And who will seek out the online platform?  Those diehard, hardcore fans.  

It's a tossup.  Maybe they will blent the two.  Next Gen time frame, but in the revised time line?  Or maybe it will take place prior to the reboot, and will explore the difference?  I have no idea.  But I'm up for another series, whatever it will be.

8 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

It seems somewhat obvious.  But, at the same time, it doesn't (to me).  Michael Dorn recently pitched his series to CBS execs.  On top of that, this series is being produced for an online viewing experience, not for commercial television.

That seems so niche.  I don't think they believe a television series is going to carry any weight (hence the online platform).  And who will seek out the online platform?  Those diehard, hardcore fans.  

It's a tossup.  Maybe they will blent the two.  Next Gen time frame, but in the revised time line?  Or maybe it will take place prior to the reboot, and will explore the difference?  I have no idea.  But I'm up for another series, whatever it will be.

I was thinking more along the line of Worf got stranded in the beta quadrant of the new/movie timeline and the same era as new Kirk etc.  Kind of like Voyager, but in movie timeline.  Worf's "future" knowledge can be an advantage as easy as disadvantage for him and his crew

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KShine said:

I don't think it will be directly related to any other projects (other than making the typical references to the other series, leaving room for the occasional cameos, etc). 

Edited by KShine

4 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

We always have Mega Bloks...

Wait for instructions....then build in LEGO. :senile: The designers did a good job all the same in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Sure, the Friends Pop Star sets are better cash cow than Star Trek

Overall probably. There are women Trekkies but I don't know about young girls being into the ol' Star Trek (unless one of their parents is maybe). I'm certain the youth know of the series, just not familiar with its lineage. I know you weren't serious but the notion spurred a thought.