Seasonal Sets 2016

dcdfan

1 hour ago, WannabePlatypus said:

I just found a 10229 Winter Village Cottage on eBay . It was $50 NIB so I snatched it up. That is a super cheap price for that set considering it can sell for $200 NIB. Should I be worried of a scam? It was one of ten.

I would say yes it likely is a scam. Who would sell ten of them for $50 a pop? A scammer, that's who.

1 hour ago, WannabePlatypus said:

I just found a 10229 Winter Village Cottage on eBay. It was $50 NIB so I snatched it up. That is a super cheap price for that set considering it can sell for $200 NIB. Should I be worried of a scam? It was one of ten.

Come on people... Look at all the warning flags: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-LEGO-Creator-10229-Christmas-Holiday-Winter-Village-Cottage-RETIRED-SET-/182319744630?hash=item2a731a8676%3Ag%3Aw~wAAOSwiCRUg-YX&nma=true&si=wyDueevLGkSNkH7iiSBEoxUVqp0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

From Hong Kong, 5 feedbacks as buyers more than 1 year ago, $42 for new in box and 10 of them available?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gregpj said:

I would say yes it likely is a scam. Who would sell ten of them for $50 a pop? A scammer, that's who.

Ok so should I cancel the order? I mean can they get the money without shipping anything? I'm new to this kind of thing. I would really like the set but do you think it's possible it isn't a scam. I really appreciate the help.

27 minutes ago, WannabePlatypus said:

Ok so should I cancel the order? I mean can they get the money without shipping anything? I'm new to this kind of thing. I would really like the set but do you think it's possible it isn't a scam. I really appreciate the help.

Not sure how it all works in Canada but assuming you paid by paypal?  I think there's little chance its not a scam - even if they needed the cash real quick they'd probably start at $150 and see how quickly it flies off then.

You might be stuck until the delivery window times out before ebay will help you out. So in 35 bus days time you can raise the claim.  By then the account will be closed and all the money long gone.  I think you'd get your $$$ back but you'll have to remember to make the claim within the 30 days after waiting 30 business days.

In a nut shell that's how it works in the UK if you pay via Pay Pal.  Not sure if I've helped the situation there.

The chances of you getting the set... are slim and more likely none. You can try to cancel the order but it's unlikely the seller will oblige.

Yes they can get them money... but it's not really your worry anymore. PayPal will cover you so don't fret but this is exactly the type of listing that scammers put up.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

The chances of you getting the set... are slim and more likely none. You can try to cancel the order but it's unlikely the seller will oblige.

Yes they can get them money... but it's not really your worry anymore. PayPal will cover you so don't fret but this is exactly the type of listing that scammers put up.

Ok thanks alot. I requested a return. And so if they don't reply I just message paypal? I've definitely learned my lesson here.

Ok thanks alot. I requested a return. And so if they don't reply I just message paypal? I've definitely learned my lesson here.

A return or cancel order?

After the "you should have this by" delivery date has passed, you can open an item not received case with eBay. Follow the golden path from there...