10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

17 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Wish I would have bought more than 24.

It's always like that once the price goes crazy. You order 5 here, 5 there, end up with a few dozen & think it'll be enough only to be stunned by the success of that set wishing you would have bought more. That's (unfortunately) the natural greed of us human beings. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Funny seeing posts from last year predicting gloom and doom.  Unfortunately I only have 1 box beaten up to pulp by Amazon shipping marked personal build.  But if it is $400, I probably list it to see if the box snubs are still around these days :drag:

I also have only one but a fine box.  It is a very nice set but at $400 yeah I may have to list it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, terrymc4677 said:

I’ve always been a believer in this set. Hello...!? It’s a bank! Banks = $$.

Wish I would have bought more than 24. Should be $500 by summer and pushing $625-$650 by Christmas at this rate. It feels good to pick a winner once in awhile, and not Joker Steamrollers.

Just sold out of the rest of my ~8 this week. 
Now fearing I sold too early! But hey, I still made my 100% markup on them. 

Will be interesting to see what the prices end up doing. If it goes over $600USD by Christmas, that would be insane for a modern modular - but to be fair, it was a relatively under-appreciated short production run. 

Best of luck to the holders!

On 2/25/2020 at 2:00 PM, terrymc4677 said:

Wish I would have bought more than 24. Should be $500 by summer and pushing $625-$650 by Christmas at this rate. It feels good to pick a winner once in awhile, and not Joker Steamrollers.

Damn that's incredible Terry. I think a lot of us stopped stocking up on these after Pet Shop etc. I'm happy holding 1 right now lol.

• Like 1

The supply of these really seems to be drying up. Hardly any on eBay UK now and they're already selling for well over £300. I'm just thinking back to how easily these could be bought at discount when they were still on sale... Easy to be wise after the fact though! I still ended up with three (one for personal build) so can't really complain.

Damn that's incredible Terry. I think a lot of us stopped stocking up on these after Pet Shop etc. I'm happy holding 1 right now lol.

Like many others, I too was hesitant on modulars after Pet Shop. BB just looked too great to skip out on though, so I kept buying. I didn’t buy any Assembly Squares, and only 6 Detective Offices, so there’s that. Of the current offerings, I’m waiting for Corner Garage to start seeing some discounts to load up. Great looking building. I’m not too keen on the Downtown Diner or Book Shop though, and I’m not quite sure why either.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Modulars are always the safe route at a decent discount & sometimes a jewel like BB slips in. It's all about unexpected retirement. 

That's just like saying "Every Lego set is a safe route at a decent discount and a long enough hold time." Heck, I even made money on the discounted Chima sets I bought. And of course the unexpected retirement sets are "jewels". This isn't limited to modulars. Other than that, I wholeheartedly agree with your statement. 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bbr said:

That's just like saying "Every Lego set is a safe route at a decent discount and a long enough hold time." Heck, I even made money on the discounted Chima sets I bought. And of course the unexpected retirement sets are "jewels". This isn't limited to modulars. Other than that, I wholeheartedly agree with your statement. 😃

1. Who said it was limitied to modulars? It's a fact that it's the safest line LEGO has, who would like to disagree? Please list your reasons.

2. Yeah, right, comparing Chima sets to modulars is logical, I guess I'll buy 50% off Chima instead of a modular at 25% off.

3. BB isn't a long hold time.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:00 PM, terrymc4677 said:

what's the best avenue for you to maximize profit? eBay? Amazon? BrickLink? Something else?

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

what's the best avenue for you to maximize profit? eBay? Amazon? BrickLink? Something else?

Unfortunately, you probably do not have access to selling LEGO on Amazon, so that is out. Ebay is probably your best bet, although you may get lucky with a local sale priced below Amazon/Ebay but still above what you would have made on Ebay after all fees and shipping are removed from the cost. 

58 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Unfortunately, you probably do not have access to selling LEGO on Amazon, so that is out. Ebay is probably your best bet, although you may get lucky with a local sale priced below Amazon/Ebay but still above what you would have made on Ebay after all fees and shipping are removed from the cost. 

The anecdotal posts on this forum suggest Facebook Marketplace may be the trifecta: highest price, no fees, no shipping

If you get lucky w/ a busy soccer-mom looking for a convenient way to spoil her kids...and a potential returning customer

35 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The anecdotal posts on this forum suggest Facebook Marketplace may be the trifecta: highest price, no fees, no shipping

If you get lucky w/ a busy soccer-mom looking for a convenient way to spoil her kids...and a potential returning customer

This is market specific... some (if not most) areas just don't have the demographics or affluence to support frequent and profitable LEGO sales on FB Marketplace.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Just to completely derail this thread,  I'm gated on Amazon, I do best with these avenues listed in order;

eBay, FB Marketplace (mostly around the holidays), Friends who know I have Lego, Community Garage Sales

Craigslist, OfferUp, and LetGo have all been complete busts for me so far.

5 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

Just to completely derail this thread,  I'm gated on Amazon, I do best with these avenues listed in order;

eBay, FB Marketplace (mostly around the holidays), Friends who know I have Lego, Community Garage Sales

Craigslist, OfferUp, and LetGo have all been complete busts for me so far.

why can't folks sell on Amazon? I never had tried so I have no idea. But you're the second person to say that now.