10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

just a hunch but id say dont panic. if youve already pulled the trigger on bank own that decision and profit what can.

its a great building, looks quality in my own city, includes some nice printed pieces. plus box is just a little bit narrower than other modulars. maybe that counts for something:)

i own but havent sold modulars myself.  more into smaller local cash sales . did decide to grab a stash of OFS for a long hold another hunch i guess. its all an educated gamble.

just a hunch but id say dont panic. if youve already pulled the trigger on bank own that decision and profit what can.
its a great building, looks quality in my own city, includes some nice printed pieces. plus box is just a little bit narrower than other modulars. maybe that counts for something:)
i own but havent sold modulars myself.  more into smaller local cash sales . did decide to grab a stash of OFS for a long hold another hunch i guess. its all an educated gamble.
I'm not panicking - not that I'd want to return, but I got my BBs from LEGO Shop at Home...condition of them is great. And I have no rush in selling, years are fine, if needed :)

More worried about the upcoming returns.. Lol I guess part of everything

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Guest TabbyBoy

Amazon sellers..... Do you often have to process returns when the prices drop and buyers wants to return and buy cheaper elsewhere? It's getting quite common on eBay now.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Amazon sellers..... Do you often have to process returns when the prices drop and buyers wants to return and buy cheaper elsewhere? It's getting quite common on eBay now.

Had women of nasa come back after the first restock, sold around 20 of them for $60ish and 4 came back. I had it happen a bit with research institute when it came back too. I remember at least 3 coming back that has sold for $100. I have sold a few BB on amz but no returns so far.

No more quick flipping on these, the restocks have killed it short term. Put the rest on the top shelf where they can get dusty for a couple years. 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Had women of nasa come back after the first restock, sold around 20 of them for $60ish and 4 came back. I had it happen a bit with research institute when it came back too. I remember at least 3 coming back that has sold for $100. I have sold a few BB on amz but no returns so far.

No more quick flipping on these, the restocks have killed it short term. Put the rest on the top shelf where they can get dusty for a couple years. 

I can make money now on my WoN, but they still have time to mature. The RI is doing nicely so I may pair them up. I'd rather hold for a bit longer than risk a new production run or big retailer restock. Being a Business Seller (for multiple items only) on eBay, I have to accept returns under UK law. Of course, no returns when sold as a Private Seller (single and slightly dinged items only).

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

This set is solid in every way. I don't see a decrease any time soon.

anything we can learn from BB success?

Seems like the market prefers dedicated building type designs (BB, OFS, etc) instead of rehashed buildings re-purposed ie Petshop, Bookstore, DO

seems to suggest  the Gas station and Diner will do well

17 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Seems like the market prefers dedicated building type designs (BB, OFS, etc) instead of rehashed buildings re-purposed ie Petshop, Bookstore, DO

seems to suggest  the Gas station and Diner will do well

In my opinion, the main reason for its success is the relatively shorter production run.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I agree.

17 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

In my opinion, the main reason for its success is the relatively shorter production run.

I also agree.

It's the combination of great build & short run.

I think AS will be interesting, larger set (only 1,5 baseplate modular) & also a decent build.

19 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

Yep, plain and simple.

Personally, I wish they would do another Cafe' Corner, Emporium type.  I really like the simplicity of buying multiple sets and expanding.

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Palace Cinema shoots down my theory on dedicated unique builds

short run seems to be king

there are no valid proof theories.. take your BrickBank.. it has been reported (here) today that its being sold for 400 USD in North America.. while when you take a look at UK ebay its hardly 250 GBP.. Over here  its still obtainable for like 250 USD max given the fact that most of the resellers come from the local LEGO factory and there has been more than 2500 ppl working there. The same situation might be in Hungary where LEGO keeps a factory.

you claim that Palace Cinema is not earning. Well, that is from your point of view. In the local region I was able to get easily 250 USD for that. So it is always a combination of several criteria that contribute to the price. and in this aspect I must say that naive UK buyers are the worst.. they rather pay 20 % more for the set BECAUSE its a local UK seller than from someone "offshore" - be it French, German, Spanish origin who has really adequate great feedback.. I can see that everyday.. while I do not think that every British native is that "mind lmited", its still a majority. They seem to have some tendency to be overconfident "we are British - who is more".. well enjoy it after Brexit when you will have no "low-cost" workers working in the pubs or picking up the strawberries.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

there are no valid proof theories.. take your BrickBank.. it has been reported (here) today that its being sold for 400 USD in North America.. while when you take a look at UK ebay its hardly 250 GBP.. Over here  its still obtainable for like 250 USD max given the fact that most of the resellers come from the local LEGO factory and there has been more than 2500 ppl working there. The same situation might be in Hungary where LEGO keeps a factory.

you claim that Palace Cinema is not earning. Well, that is from your point of view. In the local region I was able to get easily 250 USD for that. So it is always a combination of several criteria that contribute to the price. and in this aspect I must say that naive UK buyers are the worst.. they rather pay 20 % more for the set BECAUSE its a local UK seller than from someone "offshore" - be it French, German, Spanish origin who has really adequate great feedback.. I can see that everyday.. while I do not think that every British native is that "mind lmited", its still a majority. They seem to have some tendency to be overconfident "we are British - who is more".. well enjoy it after Brexit when you will have no "low-cost" workers working in the pubs or picking up the strawberries.. 

just trying to drum up discussion.  Modulars are an interesting line.  You make good points (despite the rant) of how regional pricing should be considered (i tend to have a US centric view...clearly to my disadvantage). good to have input from all sides.

Obviously every market around the world is going to have different prices for items based off of the supply and demand of each of those items for that region.

And what you have said about people in the UK preferring to buy from UK sellers also would hold true everywhere else I assume. I have noticed that I can list my items higher than sellers from Canada, UK, or Australia, etc... and they will sell before the foriegn sellers items. I don't really believe this has anything to do with American buyers believing that American sellers are better than Canadian sellers or anything like that though. I think that main reasons for this is because 1. It will arrive faster 2. There is a less likely chance that the item is damaged in shipping since it travels less distance and doesn't go through customs, etc... and 3. Because if there is a issue with their purchase they would rather deal with someone in their own country rather than halfway around the world.

There are obvious exceptions to this for locally or regionally released sets. Just today I sold a 75227 Darth Vader bust to a buyer in the UK for $99. These are selling in America for about $80-$85 but I am the cheapest seller at $99 that ships internationally with the Ebay shipping program. Just as I am sure that UK sellers who are selling items not released in America are able to charge more to American buyers than they could charge selling locally.

8 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Obviously every market around the world is going to have different prices for items based off of the supply and demand of each of those items for that region.

And what you have said about people in the UK preferring to buy from UK sellers also would hold true everywhere else I assume. I have noticed that I can list my items higher than sellers from Canada, UK, or Australia, etc... and they will sell before the foriegn sellers items. I don't really believe this has anything to do with American buyers believing that American sellers are better than Canadian sellers or anything like that though. I think that main reasons for this is because 1. It will arrive faster 2. There is a less likely chance that the item is damaged in shipping since it travels less distance and doesn't go through customs, etc... and 3. Because if there is a issue with their purchase they would rather deal with someone in their own country rather than halfway around the world.

There are obvious exceptions to this for locally or regionally released sets. Just today I sold a 75227 Darth Vader bust to a buyer in the UK for $99. These are selling in America for about $80-$85 but I am the cheapest seller at $99 that ships internationally with the Ebay shipping program. Just as I am sure that UK sellers who are selling items not released in America are able to charge more to American buyers than they could charge selling locally.

Different countries definitely have different market focuses. While some markets thrive on eBay I've found that it's pointless for me (in The Netherlands) to put my LEGO sets up there. Even if I'm the cheapest seller, and have a positive rating, people won't buy from me there. Dutch buyers hardly use eBay at all, and shipping abroad adds to the costs.

I have much better luck selling globally on Bricklink. I've sold LEGO sets to USA, Canada, Australia, Russia, Italy, France, UK... All sales went smoothly with happy customers and only good ratings received. Of course, buying on Bricklink is a higher threshold for many potential buyers than more commonly known places like eBay or Facebook Marketplace or other listing marketplaces. The downside is that you need to compete on price to stand a chance to sell, but the positive side to that is the buyers are by far majority seriously looking to buy a certain set and not out to scam you. Until now I've only had one 'buyer' making an order and not following up anymore about shipping preference and paying the invoice, which only resulted in a cancelled order and a negative feedback on their account. No negative consequences for me there.

Regarding British buyers buying from the UK mostly is probably true. A British buyer on Bricklink is a rarity for me, and after Brexit gets effective completely end of this year, they'll have to add import taxes as well when importing from the EU which will further diminish LEGO sales to the UK.

----

On topic of 10251 Brick Bank ... on the local Dutch Marketplace the asking price for a NISB set is now ~ €285 and I see offers of €260 with one outlier offer of €290. I see it pass the €300 mark in the coming months.

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 1