Great news for Ebay sellers for once...

pickleboy

I have wanted to open up selling internationally but have heard about the nightmares. However, the prices are so much higher for those who are willing to ship internationally. I guess Ebay has heard it too. Imagine being able to sell to billions of people with confidence rather than hundreds of millions!!! http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/11/attention-sellers-upcoming-program-will-make-selling-internationally-as-easy-as-domestic/

I am not 100% sure on how the shipping costs will work. I am more excited about ... "Ship to their domestic shipping center...Once your item arrives at the designated US shipping center, the Global Shipping Program then takes care of ALL facets of international parcel processing. They

I have wanted to open up selling internationally but have heard about the nightmares. However, the prices are so much higher for those who are willing to ship internationally. I guess Ebay has heard it too. Imagine being able to sell to billions of people with confidence rather than hundreds of millions!!!

http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/11/attention-sellers-upcoming-program-will-make-selling-internationally-as-easy-as-domestic/

Announcement states "upcoming" does anyone know when this service will be available to all EBay sellers? EBay recently invited my daughter to participate but she has been selling regularly for 3-4 years.

That feature has been available to me for a few weeks. I'm not using it for at least a year. I'm sure their transition center is going to be full of kinks.

I agree, It is avail to me as well - but I need to see what goes wrong first. Even then, I do not like for things to be out of my control. I also think having to prepay the import taxes will not sound appealing to many International buyers (will they trust it?). What if it gets to your door in Australia & their postal people ask for the taxes? Do you think telling them that you already paid will make any difference? International cooperation will be a nightmare.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks but haven't had to ship anything for an international buyer yet. Items are getting more views and bids for sure. When it comes to pre paying your duties and taxes, international carriers are getting more use to it. About 3 years ago I worked for a retailer that offered pre paid duties and taxes and it had it's kinks but nothing bad. The worse was the Post still asking for duties and taxes, but I would like to think that, that issue has been resloved.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks but haven't had to ship anything for an international buyer yet. Items are getting more views and bids for sure. When it comes to pre paying your duties and taxes, international carriers are getting more use to it. About 3 years ago I worked for a retailer that offered pre paid duties and taxes and it had it's kinks but nothing bad. The worse was the Post still asking for duties and taxes, but I would like to think that, that issue has been resloved.

NICE! Appreciate feedback from someone with first hand experience. Please keep us updated...

What does this mean for European sellers? It's great for us sellers in the US because of the exchange rate and how cheap our LEGO prices are compared to the rest of the world. As a US seller selling them internationally should raise the prices we might expect to get from our sets. But on the other hand it seems like this may hurt European sellers as US sellers will have a huge advantage to undercut the prices on eBay. Am I thinking about this all wrong. Thoughts?