Anyone ever get ripped off on eBAY?

L3GO LOV3R

Unfortunately, I have been ripped off 8-9 times on EBAY buying Legos. But I have well over 500+ positive experiences at the same time. That being said, EBAY does an EXCELLENT job of dealing with despicable sellers and thieves on their site. When a seller does not live up to their end of the bargain, a case can be opened with EBAY customer service against the seller. In each and every case I opened against a seller who didn't send an item that was paid for, EBAY reimbursed me completely. Although it is a time consuming process, it is not difficult and the steps are clearly laid out. Here's a couple of observations I made of the con artist seller... 1. Most crooks on EBAY have very low feedback scores. Basically, they are new to EBAY and have a couple of simple purchases and sales to bump up their feedback score. 2. These con-artists usually sell big ticket items. Most of my problems dealt with larger Lego sets like the Taj Mahal(10189) and Millennium Falcon(10179). They would list multiple large and expensive sets at one time, collect their money through Paypal, then never send the item. By the time you realized that the item was a couple of days past the shipping due date, the seller cashed out thousands of dollars from you and other unlucky buyers. 3. Thieves rarely use actual pictures of the item, they use stock EBAY photos. EBAY has a whole catalog of Lego set generic images that sellers use to display their item. Anybody can use these images and do not prove that they actually have the item. 4. The con artist seller will give an actual tracking number from a shipping company, but never turn the item over to be shipped. This way, it actually looks like the item is being shipped and gives the crook some extra time to con some more people. I hope these tips can help protect you from future crooks and unscrupulous sellers on EBAY.