30 days return for TRS Plus starting May 1, 2016

dcdfan

Seems to me that eBay is trying to "not be the bad guy" in the returns policy. I know PayPal does 180 days but that's not for "buyer changed their mind" type of reasons such as a general 30 days return policy. I still won't take returns "just because", I could care less about the discount... I just don't believe that eBay buyers deserve that from a small time seller like myself.

• Like 3

try dropping off 30 packages during peak season and get them scanned. i had one post office completely refuse that on more than one occasion and of course every clerk there "is the manager". another post office would not accept packages that were .02 OZ over the declared weight. yet another would only allow the superintendent to scan them in with a separate scan fob. usps is ridiculous....

Sorry your USPS workers are so horrible. In my area they are always bending over backwards for us. Fedex or UPS? 

will take the return policy any day after no more feedback, resolved cases, low DSR and other BS.  

This is a huge win for sellers.  If someone is going to return they will find a way regardless so its not like it will change much.

The score though affects you much more and not having that anymore is a big win.

Never had a cancelled transaction and a seller unresolved case is almost 0 as well so TRS will be a walk in the park.

• Like 2

will take the return policy any day after no more feedback, resolved cases, low DSR and other BS.  

This is a huge win for sellers.  If someone is going to return they will find a way regardless so its not like it will change much.

The score though affects you much more and not having that anymore is a big win.

Never had a cancelled transaction and a seller unresolved case is almost 0 as well so TRS will be a walk in the park.

I was happy too when I read about these changes. I just discovered yesterday that I had a "defect" because a buyer left a low detailed rating for "Item as described". After some sleuthing I figured out which sale it was, and the person had left me positive feedback saying she was very happy. This was for a single, used minifigure with zero cosmetic flaws - how do you describe something like that more accurately? Anyway, it's nice to know that I will no longer get dinged on complete and total randomness like that.

For several years, I have felt like Ebay is attempting to compete with Amazon by trying to force their sellers to adopt the same things that Amazon offers. But unlike Amazon, none of the product or expensive shipping or employees are theirs. They are a marketplace who is trying to pretend that they are a big box retailer. It's ridiculous of them to make unilateral decisions for a very diverse cross section of users just because they monopolize the marketplace.

• Like 3

Tread carefully with the seller ratings, returns and feedback even though ebay says they are no longer using them to ding you. They said that with the seller ratings when they first introduced them and then they made the policy update to use them, and use them retroactively. Same thing could happen again with feedback, returns and seller ratings. Never trust ebay management, especially if you rely on their marketplace to pay your bills. 

• 1 month later...

I am not liking that late shipment rate of 3% or less to keep TSR.  Now it's not enough that we upload tracking information within one day, but you must also ensure that the package gets scanned and delivered within the delivery time frame.  Sometimes I drop off packages at the Post Office and they don't scan them until the next day or later.  I've had a decent number of Priority Mail packages get delivered in 4-5 days instead of the 2-3 days estimated by the USPS.  It looks like those are going to hurt me despite being out of my control.

10 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I am not liking that late shipment rate of 3% or less to keep TSR.  Now it's not enough that we upload tracking information within one day, but you must also ensure that the package gets scanned and delivered within the delivery time frame.  Sometimes I drop off packages at the Post Office and they don't scan them until the next day or later.  I've had a decent number of Priority Mail packages get delivered in 4-5 days instead of the 2-3 days estimated by the USPS.  It looks like those are going to hurt me despite being out of my control.

This is pretty much what we have right now, but since it is only part of a metric it is not that big of a deal.  So yeah, 3% is pretty slim for something that is really out of our control

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Sometimes it is easier to just go to eBay subforum and check the stickied topics near the top of the page 

I believe many users find it easier to just create a new thread, and then wait for the mods to do all the work :jester: 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, KShine said:

I believe many users find it easier to just create a new thread, and then wait for the mods to do all the work :jester: 

I'm sure this is a generalization but I find this offensive .... I searched, I looked at the Ebay subforum and didn't see it, so I posted a new thread. I don't know the entire forum by heart, and yes, if someone who does can alert a mod and have it moved, that would be great. I don't call that laziness even though you seem to think it is.

6 minutes ago, KShine said:

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm sure this is a generalization but I find this offensive .... I searched, I looked at the Ebay subforum and didn't see it, so I posted a new thread. I don't know the entire forum by heart, and yes, if someone who does can alert a mod and have it moved, that would be great. I don't call that laziness even though you seem to think it is.

Ok. Both of you have a point so lets end this here.  The weather is too nice outside for me to officiate any bout today :D

• Like 3

I really don't think he meant you specifically. I see new threads started unnecessarily almost daily...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

1 minute ago, dcdfan said:

I really don't think he meant you specifically. I see new threads started unnecessarily almost daily...

Sorry to offend, I meant nothing at all about you specifically (I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't do that) - I was just joking, since it is a fairly common occurrence (usually with new users).

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KShine said:

Sorry to offend, I meant nothing at all about you specifically (I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't do that) - I was just joking, since it is a fairly common occurrence (usually with new users).

We're all good. Let's shake

tumblr_m9zy2sdbaR1r1850co1_400.gif

and make-up ....

tumblr_m9zy2sdbaR1r1850co2_400.gif

• Like 3

Wasn't it going to be 60-90 days at one point before they revised this?  I don't like the change, but return requests have been a very low % for me on eBay.  I think I've had more chargebacks months later where people claim they received a bootleg or not as described item or they didn't authorize the purchase.  Those are frustrating.

20 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

It's silly to me. Isn't Best Buy like 14 days? "W"

24 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

horrible.  terrible.

I'm okay with this.  If this weeds out bad sellers, and really helps those of us that are serious about selling, then great.

Knock on wood - maybe I'm lucky - but I've never had a return.  Maybe I don't sell enough.  Who knows?  I guess we'll see if I like this or not.  But if people want to take me seriously as a quality seller, and having TPS+ is the way to do it, I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

At a minimum, it takes a Buyer 30 days to open and play with a kit before he can decide if he wants to keep it.

I can sadly confirm this.  I have 5 sets waiting to be built (all purchased as late as Nov of last year and as recently as last month).  I know I should build them to confirm all the pieces are there, but there are only so many hours between naptimes/T-Ball Practice/bath time/etc.