Chapters/Indigo (Canada)

Vodium

• 5 weeks later...

There's a spend $40 get a $10 off card event going on now. The card is valid for 2 weeks starting Jan 30. While you can't use the card to get lego, you can buy it to earn the card. I will use the card to get this lego activity book they have that comes with the exclusive Batman tartan minifig. I don't think the lego exclusion will apply to an actual book even if it happens to be about lego and includes a figure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today Only (Feb 27, 2017): 20% off all online orders when placed with MasterPass... Ordered Vader Tie / A-Wing and Riddler Riddle Racer. Used a credit and gift card I had from them as compensation from a previous Lego order that was cancelled(!).

They do appear to have Lego advent calendars marked down (20%) in stock online as well, but I decided to stay away. I expect the Masterpass discount would be stackable on these.

10x plum points again if you spend $30 for the next 4 days. As always, this works best when combined with sets on sale. As an example, I picked up the Eaton Centre's last Sky High Justice battle for $48 down from $75. The plum points discount makes this about a 50% off deal if you redeem the points at the highest reward level. I do well on superhero sets and I love this set as you get all of the main cast of Batman vs Superman including the holy trinity of DC's main heroes, the batplane/wing, a Lexcopter, and to my knowledge this is the only way to get the WW minifigure as she appears in the upcoming WW film this summer. They also have about 8 of the Civil War airport battle for $68 instead of $99, and 8 of the space shuttle set for $100 down from $150. The added plum points is the icing on the cake. 

41 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

10x plum points again if you spend $30 for the next 4 days. As always, this works best when combined with sets on sale. As an example, I picked up the Eaton Centre's last Sky High Justice battle for $48 down from $75. The plum points discount makes this about a 50% off deal if you redeem the points at the highest reward level. I do well on superhero sets and I love this set as you get all of the main cast of Batman vs Superman including the holy trinity of DC's main heroes, the batplane/wing, a Lexcopter, and to my knowledge this is the only way to get the WW minifigure as she appears in the upcoming WW film this summer. They also have about 8 of the Civil War airport battle for $68 instead of $99, and 8 of the space shuttle set for $100 down from $150. The added plum points is the icing on the cake. 

Some math for you guys...

All these calculations are assuming you redeem your points at the highest reward level (8,500 points = $20.00).

Normally, every dollar you spend, you get 5 plum points. So in order to earn 8,500 points, you need to spend $1,700. Once you spend that, you get a $20 credit. So that works out to about 1.16% discount. That's a lot of money to spend at one store to get just 1.16%. What if you cash in during the 10x event? Let's see...

During the event, now you earn 50 points for every dollar. In order to reach the highest reward level of 8,500 points, now you only need to spend $170. Once you spend $170, you get a $20 credit. In order to redeem the credit, you need to buy something worth at least $20. This ends up being spend $190 get $20 off, or a 10.53% discount. Now we're talking.

As jeff_14 said, this is something you may be interested in if you want something that Chapters Indigo already has on sale. Otherwise, you may be better off waiting for a TRU sale (where the discount is typically 20% off). Also, don't forget to stack your ******; you get 2% back for shopping at Chapters Indigo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vodium said:

I always cashed in 35,000 points for $100 off. Have they removed that tier? Because at that level, you have to spend $700 to get $100 in points.

The 35,000 level is still printed in the table on the back of my receipt so it is still the best level going. This is a 14% discount on its own at 10x plum points.

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

The 35,000 level is still printed in the table on the back of my receipt so it is still the best level going. This is a 14% discount on its own at 10x plum points.

I stand corrected. I didn't dig deep enough into their website to see the additional tiers. The best tier is 35,000 for $100 off. As per Vodium, during the 10x event, you just need to spend $700 to get $100. That works out to a 12.5% discount ($100 off $800).

19 hours ago, kd123 said:

Just took a look at the promo.  It's nice to have but I doubt there is any resale value in that. Just my thoughts.  Am looking forward to seeing what's available myself tonight.  

I doubt there is any value as well.  I will be likely just picking up the AT-ST to match up with the new AT-AT.

Somebody cleared the Eatons location out of all of their Civil War Airport Battles and most of the spaceports in the week that I was off on vacation. In other news, most locations I've been to lately don't seem to have any of the Star Wars Black Series figures anymore. 

On 2/27/2017 at 3:13 PM, Shneebs said:

Today Only (Feb 27, 2017): 20% off all online orders when placed with MasterPass... Ordered Vader Tie / A-Wing and Riddler Riddle Racer. Used a credit and gift card I had from them as compensation from a previous Lego order that was cancelled(!).

They do appear to have Lego advent calendars marked down (20%) in stock online as well, but I decided to stay away. I expect the Masterpass discount would be stackable on these.

This is in effect again today

17 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Somebody cleared the Eatons location out of all of their Civil War Airport Battles and most of the spaceports in the week that I was off on vacation. In other news, most locations I've been to lately don't seem to have any of the Star Wars Black Series figures anymore. 

This is in effect again today

Funny followup to the above. Sold a spaceport on Amazon yesterday and just walked over to the Indigo to get one of their on sale sets and mailed it off. This is the way to go - no separate trips to buy a set, bring it home, raise the wife's ire about storage in the house. And no Amazon FBA inventory charges. And raised my prices on the ones I already have. The way I figure it, I got paid $40 to make a short walk. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, kd123 said:

I'm looking for the Blocks magazine at a chapters location and have only ever seen it once at the yonge and hwy 7 location.  Anyone seen this at their lical chapters? Thx

Never seen it in Halifax.  They did carry one titled Brick-something, but haven't stocked it at either 2 locations in town in a couple of years now.  Chapters really sucks at magazines and it's an afterthought to their business.  You should find a local independent magazine store and ask if they have it on any of their lists of available magazines from whatever various distributors they use.  Chances are it will be carried by LMPI distribution here in Canada, which mainly distributes European titles (I believe Blocks is published in the UK)

• Like 1