Chapters/Indigo (Canada)

Vodium

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was at the Eaton Centre location yesterday and they have all the new superhero sets in store. Not coincidentally they are selling a lot of the older ones (and some Star Wars sets) for 20% off in store. Even ones we don't usually see on sale at TRU, like the Jokerland, the Tie Transport Carrier, etc.

2 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Was at the Eaton Centre location yesterday and they have all the new superhero sets in store. Not coincidentally they are selling a lot of the older ones (and some Star Wars sets) for 20% off in store. Even ones we don't usually see on sale at TRU, like the Jokerland, the Tie Transport Carrier, etc.

Spoke too soon. Just went back and ALL of the new hero sets are gone other than 3 of the Spider-man/Doc Ock set. The sale sets are still there though, which is what I was there for. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, tezakhiago said:

21302 - The Big Bang Theory - 42% off - $40.00 online

I picked a couple up, we'll see how they do.

Picked up a couple.  I personally like the set but not sure if it's a great seller.  Don't forget e/bates for another 5% off :)

Edited by Zender

I also picked up 3. Worst case, I open one myself and give another to my brother as a gift and sell one.

Also picked up 2 old Ninjago Garmatron sets and 3 Creator Highway Pickup sets at regular price on their site. These are long gone at retail and can be easily flipped for a good profit. I'm actually considering getting more. As my good deed for the day, I will abstain until tomorrow and see if you fine folks can clear these out before then. Made 2500 plus Plum points as well. They're running a 15% off promotion if you use Visa Pay for 2 weeks,  but of course Lego is excluded. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They're doing a 10 times plum points event from today through the weekend with minimum $30 purchase. Excludes Lego Mindstorms in the fine print but not Lego generally. As per the above posts, that's a 15% discount if you hold until the max rewards level. Not the best, however the deal applies to all sets they sell (other than Mindstorms) and certain locations have some big sets on sale for 20% off already so the combined discount is really 35%, and on sets like Jokerland, the Imperial Tie Transport, etc which rarely have discounts at all, and usually no more than 20%.

Edited by jeff_14

• 2 weeks later...

GC for Chapters Indigo on sale for 20% off from Sept 23 - Oct 6 at Rexall and Superstore (west).

They have a few sets already on sale so stacking the 20% of with the sale price, e-b-a-t-e-s, plum rewards, etc might make some sets worth while.

If you spot anything worth while let me know... still lurking to see if I am going to pull the trigger on anything but their site is kind of awkward to use.

Edited by Zender
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

There's a 4 day online sale on now to save 25% off toys and baby stuff. Lego is excluded of course, but I got 5 very hard to find in the wild 6 inch Star wars Black Series Death Troopers with this deal using the code IndigoKids. Either I've struck gold with these,or I'll have a nice battalion as a Christmas present to myself. :)

On 11/3/2016 at 7:17 AM, jeff_14 said:

There's a 4 day online sale on now to save 25% off toys and baby stuff. Lego is excluded of course, but I got 5 very hard to find in the wild 6 inch Star wars Black Series Death Troopers with this deal using the code IndigoKids. Either I've struck gold with these,or I'll have a nice battalion as a Christmas present to myself. :)

These are pretty much worthless. You can easily get them for $19CAD when there's a real sale at TRU. They are popping up everwhere.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

These are pretty much worthless. You can easily get them for $19CAD when there's a real sale at TRU. They are popping up everwhere.

Not up here they aren't. They cannot be found in pretty much any retail location in Toronto. Any that are there get bought by me and I don't see replacements show up, though I do see lots of the other new wave figures like Ersa, the robot, the new Kylo Ren, etc.

Already sold 2 for twice what I paid.

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 2

Got the Assault Carrier on sale this weekend at $100 (down from $150) plus the 15% discount from 10x plum points that ended yesterday. That was enough to put me over the edge into the top discount level and qualify for a $100 free purchase. I have also emptied 4 Chapters of all of their Black Series Death Troopers. There isn't a Wal-mart, Chapters, or TRU from Scarborough to Dufferin Mall that has any of these (I've checked). 

3 hours ago, Shneebs said:

I saw that and Big Bang Theory for that price at Legoland this weekend, plus you get 10% off if you're a member.