Daily Deals Post Plugin

I thought deals based the percentage you have listed were frowned upon. I was under the impression we were only to post around 20% or so. Although I have posted 15% a couple of times...

If you found 10 Raptor Escapes at MSRP, would you consider that a deal? :)

(I know, not exactly the same...)

I think if most members use their judgement, this is a pretty neat feature. How will the deals "fall off" the list when they are no longer relevant? And yeah, filtering by country would be sweet.

If you found 10 Raptor Escapes at MSRP, would you consider that a deal? :)

(I know, not exactly the same...)

I think if most members use their judgement, this is a pretty neat feature. How will the deals "fall off" the list when they are no longer relevant? And yeah, filtering by country would be sweet.

RE today? No. Last week? Sure. But I would have posted the availability in the RE forum, not the DD...

I just posted a couple things to the Daily Deals thread.  I put two of the same deal from different retailers in one post and it didn't add a break between the two.  I attempted to edit the post and the "deal" formatting was removed.  Not a big deal, was just trying to cut down on multiple posts, and I was able to edit the original post and reinsert the deal after the formatting was removed.

I just posted a couple things to the Daily Deals thread.  I put two of the same deal from different retailers in one post and it didn't add a break between the two.  I attempted to edit the post and the "deal" formatting was removed.  Not a big deal, was just trying to cut down on multiple posts, and I was able to edit the original post and reinsert the deal after the formatting was removed.

Maybe Jeff could put in an "add another" option to the widget?

Formatting is tough.  Injecting the code in here really doesn't allow us to format it.  We were trying to stay away from the way IPB uses the iFrames, but I don't think we have much choice.  Editing of the deals really isn't going to happen.  One of the best ways to get multiple in is to submit it, then go into a new post, submit a new one and let the new feature of the combining of posts put them together.

Any chance we could get the "View Deal" button to open up the Deal in a new tab, as opposed to taking us away from the page we're on currently?

Ok they will open in a new tab now.

• Like 1

I thought deals based the percentage you have listed were frowned upon. I was under the impression we were only to post around 20% or so. Although I have posted 15% a couple of times...

Depends on the deal and the set being discussed.  For example, a MISB SSD for $399.99 is a sweet deal. It doesn't always have to be a discount.  

Edited by Ed Mack

It would be great to see the place of the deal without having to click on 'view deal'. Say there is a deal at a KMart, I for instance wouldn't care as there is none around me anyway. I would like to see that immediately. In the past one could sometimes at least 'read' the link (without even having to hover a mouse, and hovering is quite useless on phones/tablets).

Maybe that would be up to the poster, but we could make that 'good etiquette'.

It would be great to see the place of the deal without having to click on 'view deal'. Say there is a deal at a KMart, I for instance wouldn't care as there is none around me anyway. I would like to see that immediately. In the past one could sometimes at least 'read' the link (without even having to hover a mouse, and hovering is quite useless on phones/tablets).

Maybe that would be up to the poster, but we could make that 'good etiquette'.

Sure, more information will be shown and you will later be able to filter on the deals page on certain domains, countries.  The person who is building this plugin is away for 2 days, by next week, this will be much more feature rich.  This is really a test run to see if it grabbing what it needs to based on the links that are submitted.  I will record all the feedback and work from there.  

It's annoying to see all the deals showing up in the New Content view. It's so hard to find real threads since we name threads with the set name and # as well... any way to filter them out?

Are you talking about the Activity Stream?  Or just the New Content Link that is up in the upper right corner?

Are you talking about the Activity Stream?  Or just the New Content Link that is up in the upper right corner?

In the "new content" link... http://community.brickpicker.com/new-content/

After playing around, I see a new option called "Deals" is now there. I can filter them out by just selecting "Topics" but then that misses out on blogs, etc ... I wish that "list" was a multi-select list rather than a single option. :)