Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - October 2015

ravenb99

Yeah if the horde can keep themselves under control until then... (hint: they cannot)

Judging from some of the comments I have read already on Oct 1, there is no way.

I'm holding steady on this one.  Just ordering a couple UCS SW vehicles and calling it good.  Anymore amazon is cheaper for most other sets and provides more of a discount than even the 2xVIP event.  The only sets 2xvip is good for is UCS or the creator modulars...

Edited by fossilrock

I'm holding steady on this one.  Just ordering a couple UCS SW vehicles and calling it good.  Anymore amazon is cheaper for most other sets and provides more of a discount than even the 2xVIP event.  The only sets 2xvip is good for is UCS or the creator modulars...

I mostly agree, except I want a couple of trains, so I'll probably make a few purchases to get them.  It may be a wash after taxes vs. buying what I want + the trains on Amazon or eBay, but I have a LEGO store a few min from me, so I don't have to worry about a pancake during shipping if I buy from there.

I mostly agree, except I want a couple of trains, so I'll probably make a few purchases to get them.  It may be a wash after taxes vs. buying what I want + the trains on Amazon or eBay, but I have a LEGO store a few min from me, so I don't have to worry about a pancake during shipping if I buy from there.

Most larger sets will more than likely be backordered when the train is available so there shouldn't be issues...

EVERY large set is in stock at my LEGO store.  Always.  The one exception is the Death Star, which they get 2-3 a week usually and are gone within a day.  The only other sets that aren't large and not in stock are the JW line.  They always have Capture and Ambush, usually have TRex, rarely have IRex or Rampage, and never have Escape. 

This.  Now that my state has made LEGO Shop at Home charge me tax without a physical presence here, it's generally cheaper to buy from Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

Brickfan rumour that VIP points are extended to the end of the month. I wonder if that means Lego haven´t met their sales target and want to have a clearout before Xmas. Certainly the inability to put ToO, PS and Red 5 away for good shows that maybe the horde has taken its foot off the gas.

• Like 1

We get it till the end of the month anyway - what´s TBC is whether we get the holiday train. It´s better for us if VIP lasts longer in the US as there is more potential for sets to EOL there.

Brickset are saying today that we'll get the train from the 22nd of the month. Wish they'd actually announce these things in advance for us so we can plan our purchases.

I know the US-consumer market is larger than the EU-consumer market and so I understand the primary focus for global consumer companies to primarily target on the US, but for TLG, as a European company, to screw over EU consumers so badly in comparison to US consumers is just ridiculous, in my humble opinion!

I know the US-consumer market is larger than the EU-consumer market and so I understand the primary focus for global consumer companies to primarily target on the US, but for TLG, as a European company, to screw over EU consumers so badly in comparison to US consumers is just ridiculous, in my humble opinion!

Why are we being screwed over? EU are getting 2 weeks of double VIP points, (supposedly) Holiday Train from 22nd and most exclusives are in stock unlike the US market.

Why are we being screwed over? EU are getting 2 weeks of double VIP points, (supposedly) Holiday Train from 22nd and most exclusives are in stock unlike the US market.

Well, apparently the double VIP offer is extended for the entire month in the US, so they get the whole month of October compared to us here getting only the 2nd half of October. Also, the Holiday Train is already available in the US while we here in Europe have to wait till next week. 

And when the double VIP started on October 1st in the US Pet Shop was still available for ordering. Now that the double VIP offer is about to start suddenly Pet Shop is TOOS here! And while Pet Shop is OOS in the USA and Canada, they can still make an order for it, with a belated delivery. In Europe we can not even do that!

Unless you're planning on filling a warehouse I don't see how anyone is going to need more than two weeks to buy their Lego. How do you not know that the TOOS status is merely a way of holding stock back for promotion? John Lewis had stock of 105 arrive today, do you think Lego would have released such numbers if it meant leaving them with no stock?

Edited by Crustybeaver