Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - October 2015

ravenb99

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Here's my question...With the upcoming Double VIP points from Oct 1-14, then the first seasonal bonus set (Holiday Train) being available Oct 13-Nov 13.

Obviously, if you can, and if Lego does extend the double VIP until Oct 14, then you would be best to wait until Oct 13/14 to buy to get both double VIP and the bonus set. Normally during times like these I buy the big sets that normally aren't discounted and this year won't be any different. I'll buy sets online from Lego in $100 increments with multiple purchases so as to get the most bonus sets as possible. Better to make 5 $100+ purchases and get 5 bonus sets versus a single $500 purchase and only get 1 bonus set. And ironically, just today I sold both of the 2011 holiday sets, new, for $69.00 on ebay with free shipping.

So my question is if you don't hit the magic window to get both the double VIP and the bonus set what would you choose? Double VIP only or the bonus set with normal VIP points?

Seasonal bonus for sure. There's more value than another 5% off... 

That's what I was thinking also. And especially after seeing this season's seasonals. The Train and the Gingerbread House are both very nice sets in my opinion. And after just selling my 2 sets from 2011 that's a 30% savings versus a 5% as you stated. Hope the exclusives I want aren't sold out after double VIP. But I am going to wait and dump a bunch of cash on Oct 13/14 to hopefully get both double VIP and the seasonal bonuses.

Remember not to be so shortsighted trying to maximize deals that you lose opportunities.  Waiting for the double VIP/bonus while a near EOL exclusive go OOS might end up sabotaging your plans. If you want EV, Sea Cow, RE or similar sets and they show up online it's better to grab them when you can unless you think the $20 train is the profit you would have made by buying the EOL set.

I don't know how accurate the statement is but many senior members have said people buying like crazy during those 2 day overlap period may be deemed as resellers by TLG (apparently anybody with a brain and good impulse control is also a reseller).

• Like 2

Remember not to be so shortsighted trying to maximize deals that you lose opportunities.  Waiting for the double VIP/bonus while a near EOL exclusive go OOS might end up sabotaging your plans. If you want EV, Sea Cow, RE or similar sets and they show up online it's better to grab them when you can unless you think the $20 train is the profit you would have made by buying the EOL set.

I don't know how accurate the statement is but many senior members have said people buying like crazy during those 2 day overlap period may be deemed as resellers by TLG (apparently anybody with a brain and good impulse control is also a reseller).

Define "buying like crazy"....  Is that three separate purchases?  Five?  I could understand 10 or 20 separate purchases raising red flags, but a small handful?  I understand there are no bright-line rules, but I'm still curious what people think...

Define "buying like crazy"....  Is that three separate purchases?  Five?  I could understand 10 or 20 separate purchases raising red flags, but a small handful?  I understand there are no bright-line rules, but I'm still curious what people think...

If you're buying everything from Ninjago to Chima to Fusion to Disney Princess to Star Wars normally I guess they won't target you.  If you only buy exclusives/UCS and haven't bought anything since the Winter Soldier promo and then buy 7 sets on the 13th I think that might be a clue.  Everybody has their own risk tolerance.  If you live far away from a Lego store you risk a lot by killing your goose to act accordingly.  I'm new here but the people who have been doing this 3+ years have posted suggestions in the past.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, Here's my question...With the upcoming Double VIP points from Oct 1-14, then the first seasonal bonus set (Holiday Train) being available Oct 13-Nov 13.

Obviously, if you can, and if Lego does extend the double VIP until Oct 14, then you would be best to wait until Oct 13/14 to buy to get both double VIP and the bonus set. Normally during times like these I buy the big sets that normally aren't discounted and this year won't be any different. I'll buy sets online from Lego in $100 increments with multiple purchases so as to get the most bonus sets as possible. Better to make 5 $100+ purchases and get 5 bonus sets versus a single $500 purchase and only get 1 bonus set. And ironically, just today I sold both of the 2011 holiday sets, new, for $69.00 on ebay with free shipping.

So my question is if you don't hit the magic window to get both the double VIP and the bonus set what would you choose? Double VIP only or the bonus set with normal VIP points?

So where did I miss the info that Double VIP points might be Oct 1-14?  Because everything published from Lego (calendar, website, etc) says Oct 1-4.

Simple math my friend. 
If you're buying the 100-150 sets, wait for the train ($5-7.50 is the bonus vs $15-20 for the train)

if you're buying the 250-400 sets, go for the double bonus and buy early. ($12.50- 20 is the bonus vs $15-20 for the train)

The additional benefit of buying early, is of course they won,t run out of the sets you actually think are the winners.

Simple math my friend. If you're buying the 100-150 sets, wait for the train ($5-7.50 is the bonus vs $15-20 for the train)

if you're buying the 250-400 sets, go for the double bonus and buy early. ($12.50- 20 is the bonus vs $15-20 for the train)

The additional benefit of buying early, is of course they won,t run out of the sets you actually think are the winners.

...or, you could go ahead and buy your winners now and then take your time getting all the other stuff with promos.

• Like 2