Buying power

youre assuming that every location you pull up to with this van has a lot of items youre looking for at the price you'd expect. this is not the case. there is got to be a different way of doing this. 

I know of several large scale operations that do this. Week in, week out they fill the van.

I know of several large scale operations that do this. Week in, week out they fill the van.

Me too. Some travel all across the country with a van visiting all the toyshops and stores they can find. Luckily in my area I was one step ahead. But I could see they were there. They are like grasshoppers. Eating everything and moving on to the next area.

My understanding is that the answer is no and that TLG doesn't sell to independent wholesalers, at least in the U.S.  I've talked with a few companies who are retailer/wholesalers that carry Lego and they have universally said that they cannot sell Lego wholesale.

Which is good.

I agree with Ciglione here. By TLG being this strict, it keeps a more even playing field for us small time investors instead of making it easier for the BTPs to have even more control of the secondary market.

• Like 1

LEGO was wholesaled back in the day (early to mid 2000s) and it didn't work for wholesalers.  Generally they put 10% on there cost and as stated many times everyone wants the same sets and are left with overproduced sets or undesirable sets.  They then dump all of that product at the end of the season / product line for 50-70% off and wind up losing a crap ton of money.   HP was one of the biggest product lines dumped in 2002/03.  Bought a 14' box truck of it.  200+ Dumbledores office for $20 a piece.  That was when this particular distributor was getting out of LEGO due to no money to be made in wholesaling it.  

Nothing in wholesale would even come close to super stackfu discounts so not sure what the point would be.  Like any other product bought at wholesale you can't pick and choose like we do in the way most of us buy so it would serve no benefit to begin with.  Just be stuck with a lot of Chima like all the big retailers are.

That said there is still plenty of large liquidations out there which include LEGO just up to people to find it...

• Like 1