Buying power

Greeting gents,

It seems to me that we have here on this site more then enough members who spend MORE then enough money investing or collecting Lego that we could easily approach a distributor and get our fix wholesale instead of scrambling every time a GC is 5% off or TRU is having a sale on what is otherwise inflated prices. Does anyone have any ino on who we might approach with such an offer. If even 50 members that spend 3k a year were to get together your talking 150k worth of buying power. If folks on MASSdrop can do it, I don't see any reason why we couldn't.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Greeting gents,

It seems to me that we have here on this site more then enough members who spend MORE then enough money investing or collecting Lego that we could easily approach a distributor and get our fix wholesale instead of scrambling every time a GC is 5% off or TRU is having a sale on what is otherwise inflated prices. Does anyone have any ino on who we might approach with such an offer. If even 50 members that spend 3k a year were to get together your talking 150k worth of buying power. If folks on MASSdrop can do it, I don't see any reason why we couldn't.

Any thoughts?

I'm sorry, what?

Does TLG sell wholesale directly to shops or do they go through a secondary wholesale distributor? I cant imagine an independent distributor would care what theme you bought from. It would be like diamond saying they wont sell to you because you wanted more Marvel then DC comics or Ordered 100 Xmen and only 10 She-hulk.

Did a search and found a lot of info on this from earlier posts. Sucks that a a B&M store is needed to get wholesale directly from Lego but wonder if it carried by other independent distributors.

Buying power works against you in the world of lego investing. The more you buy the quicker the banhammer. Best to keep a low profile. Lego is very selective with it's distributors. They have even been known to call back shipments if they suspect it's for a reseller. No distributor is going to risk status with lego by making large discounted sales to resellers. 

Does TLG sell wholesale directly to shops or do they go through a secondary wholesale distributor? I cant imagine an independent distributor would care what theme you bought from. It would be like diamond saying they wont sell to you because you wanted more Marvel then DC comics or Ordered 100 Xmen and only 10 She-hulk.

Did a search and found a lot of info on this from earlier posts. Sucks that a a B&M store is needed to get wholesale directly from Lego but wonder if it carried by other independent distributors.

My understanding is that the answer is no and that TLG doesn't sell to independent wholesalers, at least in the U.S.  I've talked with a few companies who are retailer/wholesalers that carry Lego and they have universally said that they cannot sell Lego wholesale.

My understanding is that the answer is no and that TLG doesn't sell to independent wholesalers, at least in the U.S.  I've talked with a few companies who are retailer/wholesalers that carry Lego and they have universally said that they cannot sell Lego wholesale.

I agree with this.

Which is good.

• Like 1

Which is good.

I suppose, but it is a bit of a pain when you are wanting to build up a large inventory.  If I could buy directly from wholesalers, I could buy most of my inventory for the year in a handful of large transactions.  As it is now, I have to buy my inventory in several thousand smaller transactions.  

I suppose, but it is a bit of a pain when you are wanting to build up a large inventory.  If I could buy directly from wholesalers, I could buy most of my inventory for the year in a handful of large transactions.  As it is now, I have to buy my inventory in several thousand smaller transactions.  

Like the rest of us.

• Like 3

That´s the fun part though. By your Lego one by one and your packing material and tape in bulk !

how is galorco into thousands of units then? doubt they scour walmarts/targets/trus for deals.... i know for a fact there are regional wholesalers of this commodity, (two degrees of separation) but perhaps not in the US. how to get there i have no idea as i dont have that kind of buying power anyway.

Edited by jerryherb

how is galorco into thousands of units then? doubt they scour walmarts/targets/trus for deals.... i know for a fact there are regional wholesalers of this commodity, (two degrees of separation) but perhaps not in the US. how to get there i have no idea as i dont have that kind of buying power anyway.

you would be amazed at the kind of volume that can be managed by doing just that. Fill a cargo van during TRUTH, buy in quantity at every Target/Wal-Mart/Kmart sale. Many large scale operations do this.

• Like 1

you would be amazed at the kind of volume that can be managed by doing just that. Fill a cargo van during TRUTH, buy in quantity at every Target/Wal-Mart/Kmart sale. Many large scale operations do this.

youre assuming that every location you pull up to with this van has a lot of items youre looking for at the price you'd expect. this is not the case. there is got to be a different way of doing this.