Countdown to Force Friday...Unveiling of The Force Awakens Toys

emazers

For now.  If he's the big baddy, he'll show up in the Wave 2 as well.

Isn't that what they said about Lord Business?  I'm sure he'll be in future sets, but I'm not so sure it will be wave 2.  I think there will be other characters that they will want to focus on.  Luke and Leia just for starters!  Plus Snoke (Plageus?), whoever Max Von Sedow is playing (Kanan?), Maz Kanata, etc... 

It just says 'initial set designs' were based on their sketches, not the finished product. Having a rough idea of what the ship looked like would have been enough for Lego to look at how they might go about designing it and come up with some initial designs or protos. Presumably they would have been updated with better images as they went along, in order to get closer to the real thing and add detail.

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment... I'm sure that they were provided with decent details/sketches but it's butt ugly and it most certainly doesn't do justice to some of the recent designs LEGO has produced. That and it appears they missed a big play feature in how the wings fold into a V shape for swooshing... I mean come on! If you can't swoosh it like the movie, then I don't want it! :jester:

Maybe it's a neat build, maybe it's the only way to get Kylo Ren (for now) but the only thing uglier is the submarine set. Yes, that's my opinion... some will love it, I don't. I also think the Kylo Ren minifigure is ugly too... What is with that big oversized helmet? It is totally the wrong shape IMO. This isn't Space Balls, its Star Wars.

Edited by gregpj
edited for poor grammar
  • Like 1

Isn't that what they said about Lord Business?  I'm sure he'll be in future sets, but I'm not so sure it will be wave 2.  I think there will be other characters that they will want to focus on.  Luke and Leia just for starters!  Plus Snoke (Plageus?), whoever Max Von Sedow is playing (Kanan?), Maz Kanata, etc... 

Don't even joke about Kanan.  That would be so freakin' sweet.  I've heard the rumors, but I'm trying to remain somewhat spoiler-free.

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment... I'm sure that they were provided with decent details/sketches but it's butt ugly and it most certainly doesn't do justice to some of the recent designs LEGO has produced. That and it appears they missed a big play feature in how the wings fold into a V shape for swooshing... I mean come on! If you can't swoosh it like the movie, then I don't want it! :jester:

Maybe it's a neat build, maybe it's the only way to get Kylo Ren (for now) but the only thing uglier is the submarine set. Yes, that's my opinion... some will love it, I don't. I also think the Kylo Ren minifigure is ugly too... What is with that big oversized helmet? It is totally the wrong shape IMO. This isn't Space Balls, its Star Wars.

Someone should add a "Swooshability" rating to the set review categories. Would this score better or worse than Green Grocer?

• Like 4

Someone should add a "Swooshability" rating to the set review categories. Would this score better or worse than Green Grocer?

Might need a swooshability by age range category... My youngest once swooshed 10188 and it didn't go so well. I could probably do better... :)

• Like 1

I was hoping more for this

File:Wakerlink.jpg

Well, TRU had better have the free Lego figure tonight.  They're freaking advertising it on the main Star Wars website!!!  Just trying to figure out how early I need to get in line.  hmmmm

Let's try this again, lol

Where are you seeing a Lego minifigure free at Toys R Us tonight?

Toys”R”Us: Toys”R”Us stores and ToysRUs.com have launched “Destination: Star Wars“ — a huge celebration and source for all things Star Wars on Force Friday! All Toys”R”Us stores will open at midnight, with special giveaways including a limited edition LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick and an exclusive Star Wars poster, while supplies last.

I think TRU is giving out a special printed brick (not a minifig)

Well, from my understanding, "brick" is just a generic term for Lego.  It basically means it could be anything.  It might just be a "brick" with some kind of Star Wars logo printed on it (if it is, that is super lame) but I am guessing it is a minifig.  I will find out in about 5 hours or so I guess.  I'm going more for the community experience with my son. 

Well, from my understanding, "brick" is just a generic term for Lego.  It basically means it could be anything.  It might just be a "brick" with some kind of Star Wars logo printed on it (if it is, that is super lame) but I am guessing it is a minifig.  I will find out in about 5 hours or so I guess.  I'm going more for the community experience with my son. 

Okay, now I understand. It's definitely not a minifigure. It's a brick and the picture has been posted and linked earlier.