Estate Sale Action - listing, lot pics and more

11 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

Bring this back- 

First my weekend Score- Local Estate Sale showed this in their listing

IMG_7197.JPG.7921079f7b3b2e69c3550d38974e0408.JPG

I walk into the sale and figure a few towers of bulk sorted- then I see this on the floor

IMG_7198.thumb.JPG.7514362e7c82b20fb9bf3e92ea7d77c4.JPG

I asked the sale worker how much for everything, bundle deal. Needless to say their number was lower then mine. So I called for backup, got another van and got it all, except one plane I let some kid buy.

IMG_7201.thumb.JPG.c17ea75d4ec591fe56deec93ae2bb67c.JPG

There is Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Grand Carousel, other modulars. Some custom MOCs, entire bin of baseplates. I only am 6 boxes in. 

Nice!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bring this back- 
I walk into the sale and figure a few towers of bulk sorted- then I see this on the floor
I asked the sale worker how much for everything, bundle deal. Needless to say their number was lower then mine. So I called for backup, got another van and got it all, except one plane I let some kid buy.
There is Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Grand Carousel, other modulars. Some custom MOCs, entire bin of baseplates. I only am 6 boxes in. 

The find dreams are made of!

1 hour ago, Elkkthunder said:

Bring this back- 

I hope you picked up the sets on the table in the back as well ... I can see a Railway Station and a Train Shed .....

I hope you picked up the sets on the table in the back as well ... I can see a Railway Station and a Train Shed .....

I did
Whoever owned that before had a gigantic Lego city built at some point.  That is an amazing haul.  I'm sure they had no idea what they were sitting on there.  The box of road baseplates alone is worth $500-1000.

They did have a big display I was told
  • Like 1

What are your goals now that you own this? Investigate inventory numbers and then consider reselling individual sets? I wouldn't know what to do with or how to store this kind of haul. I am not into modulars or trains which is maybe why this, while a good deal, would take a good amount of time to eventually sell off and get rid of. 

For you, are you thinking you will keep 25% of the sets or are you looking for a complete flip? Always love to hear the details and plans for hen someone scores big like this.

1 hour ago, Elkkthunder said:

what do you think it was worth some I will keep and some to re-sell?

The came up with ~ $3800 as they had individually priced it out

$3800 is an absolute no brainer on this lot.  Great pick up.  The only lot close to this I ever bought was around $3300 from another member and turned it into ~$10000 between what i sold and kept.  This lot is much better. 

19 minutes ago, Dr acula said:

I found this stuff for sale today, they are asking 1200, anyone see any gems here? Looks like some of it is pretty old, and great find elkk, interesting thread

8C950293-D696-4568-8713-5946F0ED0B18.jpeg

Very average set collection, and overpriced at $10/lbs. Should be more like $5/lbs, and then still there isn't much of value in this lot. Easy pass if it were me.

22 hours ago, SageFly said:

I'd offer you $2k above what you paid and you'll have a quick turnaround... Great haul!

3 hours ago, Elkkthunder said:

are you serious? 

57 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I would do it!  Hope he was serious.

Ha, not sure how serious everyone is, but I would for a fact buy in at that price.  Pretty sure I'm a couple days drive away, though.  I'm pretty sure Elkkthunder is holding onto this one.  

new lot

The train stuff is just ok, because it's not the DB sets. I have a couple of trains and some crossings and it's really quite pretty when setup, especially if you have the lighting posts and switches. Be sure to check for corrosion.

I sold off some of the sets and found it slow to sell, because it's such a small market.

Similar issues with the service station, because it's not the airport, but it will sell at some point and it's probably in good condition based on that collection. It's such a great precursor to the 90s octan stations, which were the best ones imo.

The SW technic sets are easy sales along with the dragon castle and bionicles.

I'm personally interested in some of the train accessories/sets depending on what you end up getting.

Bring this back- 

Great haul. I don’t envy the amount of work entailed in dealing with that volume though.