Estate Sale Action - listing, lot pics and more

It's near me. I was there today, and they had it with a post it asking 799. They also collect sales tax so it is more like 875 or so. The base was put together, and there were sealed bags, and also pieces in ziplock bags. Hard to tell if it was complete. You think 800 is a good retail number or buy price to resell?

4 hours ago, Elkkthunder said:

Saturday in Illinois 

Classic train

Capture.JPG

So how does it work now, I have to go there, or on line and pick up there? Each set is separate, or is this a whole lot? If you could let me know where in warren like, I'd definitely go there, it's closer then my work place.

Edited by Lordoflego

9 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

So how does it work now, I have to go there, or on line and pick up there? Each set is separate, or is this a whole lot? If you could let me know where in warren like, I'd definitely go there, it's closer then my work place.

they say

Terms and Conditions:

Numbers Will Be Distributed at 8:30 am
Visa and MasterCard will be accepted for purchases over $50
Credit Cards and Cash Are Welcome 
All sales are As Is, Where Is, and Final. 
No exchanges or refunds
Prices Are Not Provided Prior to Sale
Buyer is solely responsible for removal of purchases.
Bring your own help to carry heavier items
You may pay and return later for your items if necessary.

so if you show up and line up Sat AM, at 8:30 they hand out tickets which give you an order to go in for 9
  • Like 1

So I didn't get around to a pic yet button I did get the Statue of Liberty for 700. It is the first edition one black and white box, and they started to build it- got about 1/4 the way through. The rest of the bricks are either in ziplock bags or the original plastic mesh bags. Instructions are in nice shape but wow are they hard to follow. Still working on other builds, so this one may need to wait until the fall.

The good news is that it is heavy- which leads me to believe it is complete. Coupled with the fact that evrwything is is in such good condition, I like my chances.
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Elkkthunder said:

they say

Terms and Conditions:

Numbers Will Be Distributed at 8:30 am
Visa and MasterCard will be accepted for purchases over $50
Credit Cards and Cash Are Welcome 
All sales are As Is, Where Is, and Final. 
No exchanges or refunds
Prices Are Not Provided Prior to Sale
Buyer is solely responsible for removal of purchases.
Bring your own help to carry heavier items
You may pay and return later for your items if necessary.

so if you show up and line up Sat AM, at 8:30 they hand out tickets which give you an order to go in for 9

Who's they? Thanks for the info but I still dont know where to go :( 

7 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

Ok. Here it is .ImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1471111699.927519.jpg
Looks pretty good. Has 2 of the 4 inner boxes

Love this set (and it looks to be complete) - The question is how would someone get to this building point and then just stop?

I might suggest going back a few pages (to check the accuracy of their build) - sometimes people will realize that they made an error, get frustrated, and then stop (best to know that now rather than later). 

• Like 1

Love this set (and it looks to be complete) - The question is how would someone get to this building point and then just stop?

I might suggest going back a few pages (to check the accuracy of their build) - sometimes people will realize that they made an error, get frustrated, and then stop (best to know that now rather than later). 

Good point. Didn't think of that. This came from a very affluent family- house is worth well over a million. I figured it's probably a rich kid that has everything , got lazy and stopped. Still a good return for them $200 when bought and I paid $700 for it. They probably don't even need the money lol.

$700 is a sweet enough price for a complete 3450, but damn, estate sales used to have smokin' deals on stuff like Lego. I guess every estate sale agent checks everything on the internet more thoroughly now rather than asking the owner what they paid haha.

Edited by pzyluke

Maybe they died, hence the estate sale?

In this case, it was actually a moving sale. The family is all very much alive. The people running the sale said they may have more that they will sell later.

Most estate sale companies look everything up so it is hard to get a deal on boxed sets. Times have changed and the cat is out of the bag for Lego.

Any other lego at the sale? Nice though. You need to build the base like many do

The base costs a lot though doesn't it.? I thought about doing it.

Plymouth MA starts Friday

3.jpg

On 8/17/2016 at 7:45 AM, scuttfarkas said:

Love seeing the pics of what is out there. The problem though is if there's pics of whats out there....the person taking the pic usually has a good idea of the worth/value of the item.....particularly when its laid out and specifically mentioned. 

I disagree, some have an idea. Other estate sale companies are just trying to sell the estate. I have gotten $10 pirate ships and $25 UCS model yoda

And prices are almost always under market value

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...