A potentially very rookie question regarding blind bag LEGO minifigs...

brick astley

I'm aware that there are ways to identify your minifigures without opening them, though I'm yet to do so with any reliable success rate (a bump code informed me that my lego series 2 bag was a krabapple, but the slingshot i felt inside said otherwise...). But my question is should I be fussy about not opening the bags? Is it that big of a deal? I'm prepared to leave them sealed but if it makes no difference I'd like to open my spoils!

Thanks for any input

Brick.

I feel for the accessories usually. Lego Simpsons series 2 was pretty easy. The beaker for the professor. The can with a straw for comic book guy. The mug for edna. The regular can for fall out guy. The slingshot for Bart. Maggie and Lisa are alike except Maggie has one body part not two. Marge is the biggest head. You get the point. As for what to do with depends if you are displaying them or selling them. Some people prefer to be 100% sure so they prefer you open them. I've seen both sides of the aisle just depends on who you are dealing with

• Like 1

Bump codes don't seem to work anymore.  Best way to do it is to smoosh.

I'm of two minds on this topic - as a seller, I prefer to keep them sealed so my buyer knows that they are getting a minifigure that is completely brand new.  This also lets the buyer have the fun of opening the bag.  However, as I buyer, I want to know that I really am getting what I paid for.  I want to see that it's really that mini before I buy it.

Because of that, I'm leaning toward opening minifigs and immediately sealing them up into plastic bags.  I've got a ton that are sealed, but I almost feel better knowing for sure that I've got the mini I think I do before I sell it.  Just in case I've screwed it up.

• Like 1

Bump codes don't seem to work anymore.  Best way to do it is to smoosh.

I'm of two minds on this topic - as a seller, I prefer to keep them sealed so my buyer knows that they are getting a minifigure that is completely brand new.  This also lets the buyer have the fun of opening the bag.  However, as I buyer, I want to know that I really am getting what I paid for.  I want to see that it's really that mini before I buy it.

Because of that, I'm leaning toward opening minifigs and immediately sealing them up into plastic bags.  I've got a ton that are sealed, but I almost feel better knowing for sure that I've got the mini I think I do before I sell it.  Just in case I've screwed it up.

this is a great point, because what is to prevent a buyer who purchases a specific unopened figure from you to claim that they received something else? Pretty much nothing, and without opening it yourself beforehand you can't prove it was the figure you listed. 

• Like 1

Practice really helps with feeling the bags - try with a few blind bags you don't care about opening and smoosh away until you get the hang of it.  As previous posters have said the accessories can be the best way to confirm and having the checklist in front of you of each figure can help.  And just take your time, shake the contents of the bag so the small items settle into the corner - like you said you could feel the slingshot so it sounds like you are well on your way already.

• Like 1

I have sold a 16 complete sets of both series 1 and series 2 simpson minifigures still sealed with ID determined by smoosh.  only had 1 person say they got a wrong minifigure.   it was a maggie for a lisa mixup from series 2.   I think most people are honest but yeah there is no way to prove what you sent.

There is probably a less than 10% premium for selling these sealed at this point.  I'm not the lowest priced seller but they are still moving.  I think the sealed premium probably goes up the further out you go from EOL how much is anyone's guess.

Edited by cladner