Lego Birthday Party

edgecrusher

So we're having a Lego Birthday Party for my son's 6th birthday next month. We've come up with some games and activities, and I wanted to run it by you guys to see if anyone had other ideas that might be fun. This could be a good reference source as well, I know a number of you also have young kids!

1. Lego Scavenger Hunt- I'll hide a bunch of bricks and other pieces around our back yard, and the kids can hunt for them until they are all found.

2. Lego Relay Race- The kids will split into two teams, and have to move as many bricks from one bucket to another using only a spoon, and then using a straw to hold a brick with suction and move it from one side to the other.

3. Lego Pictionary- Haven't decided yet, but either the kids or I will build small models in a minute or less, and everyone will have to guess what is being built. It will probably work best if I build (and pre-sort the pieces beforehand).

4. Mixel Building- I was able to get Series 4 Mixels for all the kids as party favors, along with a Series 12 Mini-fig. I think I'd like to have the kids build the Mixels at the party, or at least do a creature building contest with their Mixel parts. I'm kinda torn on this one, it may be better to just send them home with their favors.

5. Tower Building Contest- We'll split the kids into teams, and see who can build the tallest tower in 5 minutes without it falling over.

6. Guess How Many Lego Bricks- We'll pre-count bricks and put them in a few different sized containers, and have the kids guess how many bricks are in each container for candy prizes.