Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Comic-Con Trailer

Jeff Mack

Yea, Yea.. Can't wait for this to be out, I enjoy superman and batman..  

I heard General Zod becomes doomsday ( During an Autopsy of his body), if that's true, dammm.. Could be a good lead into Justice league movie, or maybe Supes and the Bat team up and take him down.. Either way, I'm pumped. 

Edited by house72

honestly, i have such low expectations for this movie because of zack snyder, my opinion of the man of steel film, having batman vs. superman, having wonder women and aquaman in the film, etc...

still, i was pleased while watching the trailer.  maybe this movie won't suck after-all.

honestly, i have such low expectations for this movie because of zack snyder, my opinion of the man of steel film, having batman vs. superman, having wonder women and aquaman in the film, etc...

still, i was pleased while watching the trailer.  maybe this movie won't suck after-all.

With all due respect, I really liked the Man of Steel and the new movie looks awesome.

Looks promising, Ben Affleck might just make a great Batman after all. This looks good, it`ll be a big year for DC in 2016 with this film and Suicide Squad. Hopefully both turn out well. I doubt any superhero movie DC or Marvel could ever match The Dark Knight though, you just can`t beat perfection. 

• Like 1

Did they CGI Ben Affleck somehow? He looks less...Affleck....in the trailer. Seems OK as Batman in those clips.

I like how Wonder Woman is just randomly shown in a couple of shots. And is The Joker in this? What's the deal with the screenshot above? 

Looks good to me. 

I think he is playing an older (40-50 year old) Bruce Wayne.  I thought I spotted some grey hair

That "red cape is coming" guy is Lex Luthor, no? 

ETA: Diane Lane is one cold Ma Kent.  I guess we ain't in Kansas anymore :buba:

Edited by Darth_Raichu

Did they CGI Ben Affleck somehow? He looks less...Affleck....in the trailer. Seems OK as Batman in those clips.

I like how Wonder Woman is just randomly shown in a couple of shots. And is The Joker in this? What's the deal with the screenshot above? 

Looks good to me. 

The suit I believe was Robins who the Joker was moking because he's dead. Batman maybe using it as a reminder of what the Joker dead. Just a guess though.  

I think he is playing an older (40-50 year old) Bruce Wayne.  I thought I spotted some grey hair

That "red cape is coming" guy is Lex Luthor, no? 

ETA: Diane Lane is one cold Ma Kent.  I guess we ain't in Kansas anymore :buba:

Yes, that's Lex when he had hair.  

• Like 1

Strong trailer. I liked when Bruce Wayne was running straight into the falling building when everyone was running the other direction and the look on his face when he presumably sees Superman. Super f-ing mad. I also liked the last shot of Superman ripping the Batmobile apart and Batman standing up. Perfect. Not sure if I'm buying Eisenberg as Lex. Doesn't quite work for me but we'll see.

Strong trailer. I liked when Bruce Wayne was running straight into the falling building when everyone was running the other direction and the look on his face when he presumably sees Superman. Super f-ing mad. I also liked the last shot of Superman ripping the Batmobile apart and Batman standing up. Perfect. Not sure if I'm buying Eisenberg as Lex. Doesn't quite work for me but we'll see.

I think he was running towards the building because he was trying to save people in Wayne Financial.  Superman was probably long gone by then.  I remember making comments to people when this superman was out about all the destruction in the city and that people had to die there.  I thought it was a good tie in.

I think he was running towards the building because he was trying to save people in Wayne Financial.  Superman was probably long gone by then.  I remember making comments to people when this superman was out about all the destruction in the city and that people had to die there.  I thought it was a good tie in.

I have not seen MoS, but I heard this particular Sup was an a-hole who deserved to be taken down a peg or two :D Seriously, what did he do when people were on the roof during a flood asking for help? Making cool pose with the sun on his back. :P  That version of Ma Kent made a lot of sense in this context

Since I'm not a comic reader, is this canon in any way?   

Loosely based on Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, which was a "what if" scenario more or less.  Although technically Superman fights Batman once every few years in the comics

With all due respect, I really liked the Man of Steel and the new movie looks awesome.

First time I watched MoS I was disappointed at the way they made Kal El so callous.  Then I watched it again.... and again and again.  The film has grown on me.

Smallville took some really good twists from the main canon, and I see this is doing the same - I'm OK with this as long as they have reasonable plot to go along with it.  That line from Martha was well placed - definitely not the same as in Smallville/comics.

I wasn't particularly impressed by Lex though :(

My first thought was "Wow....I haven't seen Holly Hunter in a while". :P I honestly did not have any sort of expectations either way but was excited upon initially hearing about the film and so far including this trailer, I think it will be great. These DC comic films lately have become noticeably darker with each generation of them. Perhaps the cinema of superheroes has reached the point where costumed vigilantes can actually be taken seriously for what they are compared to the multitude of light-hearted attempts in the past. The classic Christopher Reeve's Superman was fun for the family and overall enjoyable but weak on the actual storytelling portion (in particular III & IV).