TRU Blocked Me On eBay!

Legodog

But their main concern is the immediate end user, generally kids. If no investors ever bought a set again, TLG would be just fine. They would still sell out of all the sets at Christmas and in the grand scheme of things, be no worse off. If you really want to get several copies of a set it's easy enough to do, it just requires a little more legwork now. Buying 40+ exclusives will be much more difficult, but not impossible over the life of a set. If you bought 2 (insert your set of choice here) from eBay TRU, 2 from TRU.com, 2 from Amazon, 2 from S@H, maybe 2 more from Target or somewhere else, that's 8-10 you could order in a single day. That's way more than your average person is going to want or need. Even a semi-heavy investor will probably only pick up 5-10 copies of any set larger than battle packs. But I definitely agree that if a limit is posted, you should be able to buy up to that limit.

Maybe this restriction on buying LEGO sets has more to do with DROP SHIPPING prevention than resellers. Just a thought.

I think that could be true, but with the recent doings from Lego I believe they are going after resellers. Would not be suprised if the USA Today article got a few executives interests and their attention to the much larger scale of it all , though I believe they already knew before but opened their eyes to the situtation even more and are going to all the Big Box stores telling them to start restricting their sales with limited orders.

Will have to wait and see what other chains do.

I think that could be true, but with the recent doings from Lego I believe they are going after resellers. Would not be suprised if the USA Today article got a few executives interests and their attention to the much larger scale of it all , though I believe they already knew before but opened their eyes to the situtation even more and are going to all the Big Box stores telling them to start restricting their sales with limited orders.

Things are for sure changing. Only time will tell how this all works out for us resellers/investors.

One thing feeds another. Popularity of LEGO sets and investing stimulates growth of resellers and criminals. Cutting back supply, cuts back on potential abuse...but possibly increase prices. A winner for most casual investors.