Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

He's here! The package from ToysRUs came today and I have to say that I am very impressed. I was not expecting WALL-E to arrive so soon after placing my order and I had doubts whether the set was really in stock. 

The box is a lot bigger than I thought it would be and very heavy. The box art is awesome!

Reports that the set's release may be delayed 1-2 weeks because of quality issues:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/reports-of-lego-ideas-wall-e-21303-being-delayed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+(The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News)

I'm not sure what that means if you already got the set from Toys R Us.

• Like 1

Reports that the set's release may be delayed 1-2 weeks because of quality issues:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/reports-of-lego-ideas-wall-e-21303-being-delayed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+(The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News)

I'm not sure what that means if you already got the set from Toys R Us.

I think it means you struck quick flip gold.

We get it, reselling not your thing.  There's ways to streamline that too; but we get the point -- not worth your time to earn something that's right in front of you that takes a little work like typing all that out. 

It's actually not like that at all.  I'm getting in this to resell.  To tell you the truth, I've not done enough research to know if I should grab them or not.  At $60 a pop, I didn't wanna take the chance and have to drive back to it to return them or just break even.  Normally, I'd have just whipped my phone out and checked, but I had my 2 yo with me and didn't wanna mess with it.  I just happened to have been in the area of this store as it's not the closest store to me and thought I'd stop in.  I'm glad I did.  I found about 9 different retired sets they had in stock.  It's like the black hole for Legos.  They had just about everything in stock multiples deep.  I'm definitely going to have to start driving out to it when they're clearancing (word?) stuff out.

The thing with Wall-E is that the movie is already seven years old.  Sure there is pent-up demand from the Lego community but probably not as much as you think in the general public.  Ghostbusters and BttF have stronger cross-over appeal.  I predict strong sales initially (due to resellers gobbling up stock) but slow post-Christmas.  

If it turns out there was a quality issue, I wouldn't want to pay a premium for a 'faulty' set. I think I'd just wait and pay retail once they fixed the issue.

Depending on what the issue is, they might be worth more! Also, there are some impatient fok out there who just want to have it and are maybe not aware or care about any issue.

• Like 1