Someone not happy with lego...

TheGallows

YABU

you are being unreasonable

YANBU

you are not being unreasonable

YABOS

you are being over-sensitive

I hate these feminazi ****... So swap the heads! Or use a different Minifigure as pilote... who really is caring are the parents, not even the children, because they can use their fantasy to make everyone the like the pilote... that's the point in LEGO.

Also it's not unhealthy for children if the toy reflects just a little bit on reality... let's face it 90% of pilotes are male and 90% of flight attendents are female.

Also the dude looks feminine enough to be a short haired women :-P

Besides having strong female characters included in their toys (which is important for girls of course! And also boys can benefit from that...) it's also important to have strong male characters in their toys... Why should all girl toys put the all the male characters only into minor roles? That's just as wrong as it is the other way around.

I really appreciate how they add more female characters into the sets, as kid I never really liked them because they didn't fit into my battleplans ;-) (to be fair there only have been princesses back then... maybe a pirate or islander too...).

so my personal verdict: YABU! YABOS! FYAYFSO!

Gentleman.... no more woman bashing. Period.

Also, equating someone who is complaining that a set for girls encourages gender stereotypes to a "feminazi <something censored>" will not be tolerated. Consider this an informal warning. We have a lot of female members on BP and they deserve our respect.

The comments in that link are funny, but making fun of females for it is out of line.

• Like 2

Gentleman.... no more woman bashing. Period.

Also, equating someone who is complaining that a set for girls encourages gender stereotypes to a "feminazi <something censored>" will not be tolerated. Consider this an informal warning. We have a lot of female members on BP and they deserve our respect.

The comments in that link are funny, but making fun of females for it is out of line.

​Dude I never made fun of women here! If you want to read it that way go ahead, but I did not!

The word I wrote after feminazi was a rather informell pseudonym for "nonesense"! Thanks to the censoring this looks as if I wrote some misogynistic phrase which I did not.

"I hate this feminazi ****" translates as "I hate this extreme-only-female-focused-approach-nonesense"

That is my opinion and I don't see how I would offend female brickpicker members by stating it. As I put it: I appreciate how LEGO did make a change and put in more and more female characters with very different "positions". So I can totally understand the criticism of too many male characters (at least in past sets) and support the idea of more female characters.

BUT! LEGO is about imagination and about the possibility to swap characters completely, change the appearance of them, and let them do and BE whatever they want. If I decide that my stormtrooper is the hero of my story and not Luke Skywalker I can do so! And if I put a female head on that stormtrooper then suddenly it's a female character. It's as easy as that.

The word feminazi itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminazi

I use it when talking about extreme/militant form of feminism (not regarding to all kinds of feminism).

I don't see anybody here making fun of females and I am not willing to be put into that corner because you are oversensitive when it comes to arguing against this mindset of over-genderalizing (don't know if that even is a word I can use...).

I think it is stupid nonesense that some people start whining everytime there is a man in a leading position in a girls toy instead of a woman.

Also I think it is stupid nonesense if people don't accept woman being heroes in toys for boys...

But most of all: I think it is stupid to stereotype toys and to separate them into Toys for Girls/Boys.

If you want to give me a warning for posting my opinion which you identify as anti-female-propaganda... then go and eat icecream!

I feel offended that you put me into that corner!

​Dude I never made fun of women here! If you want to read it that way go ahead, but I did not!

The word I wrote after feminazi was a rather informell pseudonym for "nonesense"! Thanks to the censoring this looks as if I wrote some misogynistic phrase which I did not.

"I hate this feminazi ****" translates as "I hate this extreme-only-female-focused-approach-nonesense"

That is my opinion and I don't see how I would offend female brickpicker members by stating it. As I put it: I appreciate how LEGO did make a change and put in more and more female characters with very different "positions". So I can totally understand the criticism of too many male characters (at least in past sets) and support the idea of more female characters.

BUT! LEGO is about imagination and about the possibility to swap characters completely, change the appearance of them, and let them do and BE whatever they want. If I decide that my stormtrooper is the hero of my story and not Luke Skywalker I can do so! And if I put a female head on that stormtrooper then suddenly it's a female character. It's as easy as that.

The word feminazi itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminazi

I use it when talking about extreme/militant form of feminism (not regarding to all kinds of feminism).

I don't see anybody here making fun of females and I am not willing to be put into that corner because you are oversensitive when it comes to arguing against this mindset of over-genderalizing (don't know if that even is a word I can use...).

I think it is stupid nonesense that some people start whining everytime there is a man in a leading position in a girls toy instead of a woman.

Also I think it is stupid nonesense if people don't accept woman being heroes in toys for boys...

But most of all: I think it is stupid to stereotype toys and to separate them into Toys for Girls/Boys.

If you want to give me a warning for posting my opinion which you identify as anti-female-propaganda... then go and eat icecream!

I feel offended that you put me into that corner!

​I appreciate that you've clarified your position and for the most part I agree. LEGO is about creating, people are overly sensitive and toys shouldn't be about boys or girls.

I want to be careful not to turn this political but Rush Limbaugh is an idiot and never used the term feminazi in way that was "nice" so yeah, I think it's use was entirely inappropriate in these forums.

If you think I've backed you into a corner for disparaging females by using the term, quite frankly that's your issue to resolve. What I asked of you and other members was to tread carefully. I've personally spoken to female members on this forum who feel marginalized by the attitudes of some male members on the forums. Yup, there, I said it. Some of you guys act like real asses <not necessarily directed at you>.

So you my friend can go eat your own ice cream, I've got a freezer full. I never called it anti-female propaganda. I asked people not to bash women and to be more respectful. If you can't handle that I think you are being inappropriate in this instance, these forums are not for you. I don't have a problem being that firm with my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm on a nowcarb diet right now, so I'll get me a protein-shake instead!

Ice cream: the sad-lady-eating-all-the-ice-cream is kind of a cliche, in retrospective I thought that you might read a more harsh comment into it, so I wanna clarify that as well.

I am strongly against bashing or being not respectful when it comes to anyone (includine women!)... So I think we can agree on that one. Be as firm with your opinion as you want to. I'm not the one who pointed a finger at you with an informal warning.

The term feminazi is very controversial because of course word by word it is nonesense. But the word Nazi refers to an ideology which was looking down onto people for being different (in many aspects). It is a very dangerous ideology which I despise. What many extreme feminists are doing is also part of a dangerous mindset, so used in that respect I think the term can be rightfully used.

Dear Ladies of the forum! If you ever feel offended by a post I make! Let's talk about it via PM.

In my leisure time I sometimes want to use political incorrect speech. That might offend some folks, but nobody always is political correct.

Having worked in gynaecology department and having been supervisor and coach for several girls fencing teams I'm far from having a misogynistic mindset, but often I just feel overwhelmed by these extremes and I want to give vent to my feelings. (Not always in political correct ways... sorry!) I can life with making fun of men (which seems to be highly popular, e.g.: simpsons) but I can't accept that everytime you voice your opinion against these sometimes dangerously extreme forms of feminization you are easily put into a corner and are labeled as misogynistic.

LEGO is a wonderful toy to me and these often unnecessary gender discussions (always just focussing on female needs) when it comes to nowadays LEGO, which really is getting more and more rich in different characters, just feel so wrong to me and destroy a lot of that "magic" and neutrality of LEGO... that I cannot NOT voice my opinion against them sometimes! When the research institute game out I thought that it was a brilliant thing! Did you see men complaining: hey why isn't there at least one male researcher?! NO... There has never been a male research institute. Even though we have a lot of male characters in LEGO. And that's not a problem, because it's okay to have an only female research institute. If I want to I can take another minifig (a male one) and make it lead scientist (or not).

Is there really a problem with putting a male or female minifig in there as pilot: I say NO!

Edited by Locutus001

​TMI

​Why? If I'd say Cardiology "no problem!" but gynaecology is too much information? It's just another field of work! But having worked there I know quite some real struggles of women (other than male LEGO minifigure pilotes in friends sets) and believe me you don't work there if you don't respect women. Especially not with your superior and most of the saff being women.

​Why? If I'd say Cardiology "no problem!" but gynaecology is too much information? It's just another field of work! But having worked there I know quite some real struggles of women (other than male LEGO minifigure pilotes in friends sets) and believe me you don't work there if you don't respect women. Especially not with your superior and most of the saff being women.

​I was just joking....

• Like 1