75104 - Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle

mmatthie

I personally think this is the best of the FA sets.  I built this with my son on the 5th of September, and the build was extremely fun, the minifigures are rather nice and abundant, and I actually like the technical aspects.  The only gripe I have is that the back portion of the shuttle is hard to place figures into without busting off the top.

OK... having preliminary Xmas negotiations with my son... I'm pretty sure I'm going to need this set sometime between now and Dec 24th.  Best deal I see is TRUTH ($119.99 - 10% - 20%) = $86.39 (plus Rewards points)... maybe an additional $5 off coupon if that's still working?  Any better ideas? Wait for some regular BOGO sale?  Or just buy it and be done with it?

OK... having preliminary Xmas negotiations with my son... I'm pretty sure I'm going to need this set sometime between now and Dec 24th.  Best deal I see is TRUTH ($119.99 - 10% - 20%) = $86.39 (plus Rewards points)... maybe an additional $5 off coupon if that's still working?  Any better ideas? Wait for some regular BOGO sale?  Or just buy it and be done with it?

This sounds pretty good to me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This sounds pretty good to me.

Picked a few up for 56 euros a piece today, rrp 125. Let´s hope there is demand.

• Like 1

Are they closing their business and need to sell everything as soon as possible? o.O

No, they decided to combine two offers and they know exactly what they are doing. These types of deals are typical this time of the year but you have to be quick. They had fire stations, speed champions and lots of other stuff but these were the best in my opinion, apart from 75105.

Exactly, every country seems to have its high and low season. Here gifts are given for January and we are still at the end of low season so it is the best time for promos.

However, this set should be available pretty much everywhere for less than 90 euros, just a question of time.

The extendable wing tips make no sense - even for something as senseless as SW:

Yeah I thought that. Might once you've seen the film. I'm pretty sure this is the ship we see flying in at the beginning of the new trailer.

I sold one of these today for £47, no minifigs. Paid £66 for it it the 3-4-2 few weeks back, I'll hopefully be able to shift the other two for above RRP over xmas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2015 15:07:39, valenciaeric said:

No, they decided to combine two offers and they know exactly what they are doing. These types of deals are typical this time of the year but you have to be quick. They had fire stations, speed champions and lots of other stuff but these were the best in my opinion, apart from 75105.

Hi Valenciaeric, I guess you are spanish, like me. I'm new here, starting as a collector more than an investor.

Can I ask you in which shop can you have that kind of discount? Could be good for buying a couple of sets next year!

I only know the -40% of carrefour that is usually at the end of october. It was the 29th this year, but anything more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I saw a leaked pic of the Battle of Takonada. I think that this set will take a hit. With the battle set,you get another Kylo Ren at a lower price point with a face and hair as well as the helmet. It seems like an improvement.

I was hoping to hear this news.  I want Kylo Ren but hate the spaceship.  A smaller pricepoint to get an improved version is good news.

53 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

With a Finn and 2 stormtroopers as well as maz for $59.99 I see some value, but playsets don't care as well as ships.

I don't think that is the battle of takodana.  That set has leia and admiral akbar, along with a general. The set I think you are talking about is the pirate command shuttle that has maz, and a few other figs.  Is Kylo a part of that one?  I haven't seen the leaked photo, other than the maz image.

41 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I don't think that is the battle of takodana.  That set has leia and admiral akbar, along with a general. The set I think you are talking about is the pirate command shuttle that has maz, and a few other figs.  Is Kylo a part of that one?  I haven't seen the leaked photo, other than the maz image.

I think you're confused. Leia, Ackbar and a couple of resistance troops come with the B-Wing looking  Resistance troop transporter.

Mods if you don't want this posted, please remove the link.

http://www.thetoyshop.com/brands/lego/lego-star-wars?q=%3Aprice-desc&page=1&sort=price-desc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I think you're confused. Leia, Ackbar and a couple of resistance troops come with the B-Wing looking  Resistance troop transporter.

Mods if you don't want this posted, please remove the link.

http://www.thetoyshop.com/brands/lego/lego-star-wars?q=%3Aprice-desc&page=1&sort=price-desc

Ahh nice.  Thank you!  That clears it up.  I personally, aint too thrilled about the "battle of takodana" now that i've seen that pic.  Reminds me a bit of Duel on Geonosis, but i'll probably end up buying it.