Lego buying and selling in the UK (and EU)

6 hours ago, skanks said:
7 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Don't be daft, of course I'm not expecting them to be a charity but the Argos 3 for 2 is a complete fraud, plain and simple. They jack their prices in the weeks before the 3 for 2 so that the savings are no where near the 1/3 off that the 3 for 2 would imply. I'll give you an example, the Millennium Falcon has been increased to €191, so if you buy 3 for 2, it works out at €127 each, which is less than 10% below the RRP. 

This is for the Irish site.

I can't comment on the Irish site but I have never ever seen Argos price up lego sets higher than the RRP. I've only ever seen Toys R Us do this.

Irish are getting done there then. UK Argos is always rrp or lower. Most current discounts will move back to rrp for the 3for2 but not all do. I remember 6860 batcave being 25% off and 3for2. Also clearance toys are still in the 3for2. Many only show up on the instore checkers so its worth a trip. Last 3for2 I got a load of the MegaB&*!s Halo Pelican Gunships for £17 each. 

20 hours ago, roxio said:

Irish are getting done there then. UK Argos is always rrp or lower. Most current discounts will move back to rrp for the 3for2 but not all do. I remember 6860 batcave being 25% off and 3for2. Also clearance toys are still in the 3for2. Many only show up on the instore checkers so its worth a trip. Last 3for2 I got a load of the MegaB&*!s Halo Pelican Gunships for £17 each. 

Some of my best deals have come from Argos and not just when they are 3for2. And when you buy minifigures on clearance you know you are not just left with the dregs that nobody else wants.

24 minutes ago, skanks said:

Some of my best deals have come from Argos and not just when they are 3for2. And when you buy minifigures on clearance you know you are not just left with the dregs that nobody else wants.

Hehe you say that, but last week my local argos had a fresh case of series 12 in stock. I bought it, took out the hot dogs and unicorns and then returned it the next day. I know I know shame on me, but the rest of that series sucks re sale wise

And I only managed to get up to 25 hotdogs, half of what I was aiming for.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2015‎ ‎21‎:‎06‎:‎09, Ninja1668 said:

Just a heads up for fellow UK AFOLs, the Argos 3 for 2 on toys will start again next month starting on Friday 6th November until Tuesday 10th November. This will include both online and in-store purchases.

Bump...

On 12/11/2015, 19:36:33, CrabslayerT said:

Need a bit of advice, does anyone have a good place to pick up boxes for postage \shipping? At a loss here and nearly out of supplies.

I go to home bargains and B&M. They sell a huge amount of toys so have loads of various size strong boxes for free

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎19‎:‎36‎:‎33, CrabslayerT said:

Need a bit of advice, does anyone have a good place to pick up boxes for postage \shipping? At a loss here and nearly out of supplies.

I get mine from Lego store. I know the sets fit perfectly and they are free as it saves the employees sorting them out. :-)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I thought I'd try Argos 3-for-2 one last time. It was the last time as box condition was shocking even using click and collect. These were for presents and I'd be embarrassed to give smashed boxes to my family, let alone a mega-fussy eBay buyer.

Guest TabbyBoy

I just received this in an email, the first since I was banned...

Take advantage of our
Exclusive
VIP Offers
Tomorrow 21st
November Only.
Offers valid in LEGO® Stores, online and on orders over the phone.

... I've still not had a response from CS but, I'll try logging on tomorrow to see what happens.

Edited by TabbyBoy

20 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I just received this in an email, the first since I was banned...

Take advantage of our
Exclusive
VIP Offers
Tomorrow 21st
November Only.
Offers valid in LEGO® Stores, online and on orders over the phone.

... I've still not had a response from CS but, I'll try logging on tomorrow to see what happens.

How about that for a kick in the Jacobs. "Here's an insight to the VIP offers tomorrow that you're not entitled to"

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

How about that for a kick in the Jacobs. "Here's an insight to the VIP offers tomorrow that you're not entitled to"

I'm so tempted to try logging in now but, I won't as I'll be awake working on a night-shift later and I'll try in the early hours. If no joy, I have someone who can log on and buy on my behalf if need be. I expect a damp squib with low limits anyway.

3 hours ago, Yellowtot said:

I've just picked up a load of General Grievous sets, in case they run out this Christmas so I can quick flip, if not still worth picking these up whenever there's a good discount.

I picked up a few at the last 342 at Argos. I've managed to flip 2 which is really weird because Asda have them for £22 and is their only figure not sold out and TRU & Smyths have them for £24. I still think this and DV are the ones to be with long term. I'm very quickly learning that you want to be with everything series 1 from Lego.

Guest TabbyBoy

@Bobby... Be very careful with large car boot sales especially if you don't know the organisers. Since it's a "good" way to dispose of swag and sell excess stock "for cash", they are often frequented by Trading Standards officers and even HMRC.  I used to sell a lot of gardening equipment at a large one near Reading until two guys dressed in "smart-casual" attire started asking me uncomfortable questions. I suspected they were HMRC so I packed up soon after and never went back. A shame as I was making close to £500 for 4hrs on a Sunday morning. If you sell online, I can't stress enough how important it is to keep accurate records and submit a tax return.  But, you do that already, right? ;-)

BTW... HMRC do pick on the small-fry as they are easier to prosecute. I got grassed up by eBay 5yrs ago and blasted with a £2,500 fine!  All because I sold 200 Barbie Dolls and 500 sets of M&S ladies underwear in 6 months!