Lego buying and selling in the UK (and EU)

Just popped into my local Tesco for a few bits and looked in at the Simpson Minifigures in the Toy section. As they were 3 for £5 I tried to smoosh for the 2 that I needed for a complete set. I found the ones I wanted and as I came across a couple of Comic Book Guys I bought a small bundle.

When I paid at the till I could tell that the 3 for £5 hadn't been factored in so I went to the customer service desk they refunded me double the difference as their mistake meant they had over charged me so I ended up getting 6 minifigures for £5 which is even better than the 5 for £5 @ Sainsburys deal I posted up last week.

Edited by gregpj

Just back from Toys R Us and they are giving away the new C-3PO polybag with Lego Star Wars purchases of £15 or more

Cheers for the heads up.

I per customer ( shame ) and it starts tomorrow. In store only I believe.

They are also still running the sticker promo on lego. ( 1 sticker each £20 spend - 4 stickers = £20 voucher)

Is there actually any 3 for 2 sale in Germany? o.O

I really hate it to see all these great discounts and I'm just sitting here and wanna buy the whole JW theme and Scooby sets and some Star Wars Sets and....

But there are not better discounts than double VIP and some rare discounts here and there :-(

I WANT a 3 for 2 sale on a regular basis just like you guys have it :-(

*continues whining...*

If it’s any conciliation, it’s been pretty lame.  I managed to place two orders around 1am, before the site crashed, hit them again this morning at 6 and no JW anywhere near me (10 stores) the only Scooby set available is the Lighthouse set. 

From the 5 stores I’ve visited so far I’ve manage to get 33 CMF’s, rejected a Jokerland as it was so beat up with no stock anywhere else.  Otherwise it’s SW sets everywhere, which I want one or two of but otherwise just too early and 33% off isn’t too hard to come by.  

Only good news I’ve had is that I’ve managed 12 SW advent calendars, with 3 more on order..  Holding out for Amazon to price match.  

Edited by feed

Sorry to say it but if you can't find any decent discounts in Germany than you are not looking hard enough...at least on the JW sets before they sold out everywhere and on everything Star Wars ...

The only thing not really available at a discount are the Scooby Doo sets...

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Ninja1668 said:

Just a heads up for fellow UK AFOLs, the Argos 3 for 2 on toys will start again next month starting on Friday 6th November until Tuesday 10th November. This will include both online and in-store purchases.

Better take a screenshot now and then see how much they jack their prices up in the next week so.

On 29/10/2015, 21:16:07, Sprocket77 said:

Better take a screenshot now and then see how much they jack their prices up in the next week so.

Are you seriously expecting Argos to keep their current 20% off deals while they have their 3 for 2 offer? 

Last time I looked Argos was a business, not a charity.

1 hour ago, skanks said:

Are you seriously expecting Argos to keep their current 20% off deals while they have their 3 for 2 offer? 

Last time I looked Argos was a business, not a charity.

Don't be daft, of course I'm not expecting them to be a charity but the Argos 3 for 2 is a complete fraud, plain and simple. They jack their prices in the weeks before the 3 for 2 so that the savings are no where near the 1/3 off that the 3 for 2 would imply. I'll give you an example, the Millennium Falcon has been increased to €191, so if you buy 3 for 2, it works out at €127 each, which is less than 10% below the RRP. 

This is for the Irish site.

17 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Don't be daft, of course I'm not expecting them to be a charity but the Argos 3 for 2 is a complete fraud, plain and simple. They jack their prices in the weeks before the 3 for 2 so that the savings are no where near the 1/3 off that the 3 for 2 would imply. I'll give you an example, the Millennium Falcon has been increased to €191, so if you buy 3 for 2, it works out at €127 each, which is less than 10% below the RRP. 

This is for the Irish site.

I can't comment on the Irish site but I have never ever seen Argos price up lego sets higher than the RRP. I've only ever seen Toys R Us do this.

On 29/10/2015, 22:08:27, TheGallows said:

Anyone had any luck getting these in the UK? Can't seem to see them on the UK TRU site and don't want to travel all the way to a retail store until it is confirmed available. Saw a comment saying they are supposed to be starting today (1st November) but nothing heard from TRU themselves