Seeking advice for amt to offer - CL

kdzgon

I'm hoping for some feedback on a CL listing I found. I'm new to BP and selling used Legos so I'm not sure how much to rely on the used values (considering my inexperience in selling used sets).

My sense is this is a bit overpriced at the $600 ask price, but I'm not sure where to come in. The seller is approx 3 hours away, so it's either time and gas or shipping involved. I included the little info I have so far (below).  Any opinions on a good price range for an offer?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Laurie

I asked if the sets were complete or nearly complete and if he had instructions and I received the following response, along with the photos here: 

Yes all the pieces are together and there are over 45 sets like Indiana jones ,Star Wars , and power miners and quite a few more the biggest set that I have in the collection is the Star Wars Death Star which alone cost me 400 by itself and the only thing is the pieces are mixed but all in boxes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bulk lot, not sorted?  Just a bunch of instruction manuals and no box?  Only the sellers word they are complete?  What about the minifigs?  Given all of the above, the proper way to value this lot is either 1)15-20% of the used price shown in the lot calculator, or 2) $4-5/pound bulk rate.  That looks like about 35-40 pounds of legos.  Maybe $200 for this.  Maybe.  

$600, no way, no shape, no how.  Forget it.  I certainly wouldn't drive 3 hours one-way to look at this, unless I had a sure-fire deal with the seller at $200, and that sounds a bit high without further inspection.  The DS in that condition isn't worth nearly $400, especially without minifigs.  Used, no box, no minifigs 10188?  $100.

Edited by diablo2112

Thanks for the quick response. I agree - not worth looking at @ asking price. I know it's too high, but wasn't sure just how low to offer. Of course, he might think he has a gold mine so who knows? I wanted to respond with a ballpark offer to see if it's worth a trip (I'll be pairing the trip with an overnight visit to a favorite beach resort, so while a factor the distance isn't a complete deal-breaker if the price were right). I know some will disagree, but color sorting doesn't impress me much. I have learned from sorting literally tens of thousands of pieces that sorting brick size first is more helpful than color, at least for these old(er) eyes!

I was also at a loss to estimate so your guesstimate is helpful. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

Minicoopers11, just to be clear I was willing to drive the distance because I was happy to visit the area. The only thing that would have changed was when I would go (visiting the beach on the other coast of Florida). Thanks to the kind responses here, I will not miss any toes-in-the-sand time when I go. :)

• Like 1